EFI in '77 Chrysler Newport

Our family pet c-body Chrysler "Thelma" (named after Thelma Houston) was the recipient of a Holley Sniper EFI setup on top her 400ci engine last summer. I had been fighting with the Thermoquad (and even a rebuilt Thermoquad) for too many years - I'd had enough. Of course the upgrade led me to replace the starter, blast and paint the manifold and replace the rocker cover and pan seals. It was a fun little project and I recommend it. That omnipresent kick-down choke and cough are gone and now I don't fear pulling out into traffic and feathering the accelerator from a light or muggy days are no longer anxieties. Life for Thelma is better and I driver her more. She's sleeping for the winter but in the season my wife even takes her to work and the kids enjoy rides in her. The EFI install saved our relationship.

View attachment 254769
View attachment 254770
View attachment 254771
View attachment 254772
View attachment 254773
View attachment 254774
I did the same thing. 78 New Yorker 440
IMG_1727 (1).JPG

Update on my 440. Pulled the engine redid it from top to bottom. I’m still using the Holley sniper EFI. We are thinking it’s pushing 580 to 600 horse. I’ll know for sure this spring when we put it on the DYNOTUNE.

3FBAED7E-4E8C-488B-B6DC-A36F3B26942E.jpeg

290730A7-8EEB-4895-A425-8B011A0E6878.jpeg

3F9FBDC1-8FD3-41B1-97E5-4A8E7B3A58F6.jpeg

I've thought about this for my Coronet. The Imperial runs great bone-stock, and I really don't want to alter a one-of-514 ragtop. The Coronet, I've owned since 1980 and will probably die with it. So, modding that doesn't really bother me all that much.

I've thought about this for my Coronet. The Imperial runs great bone-stock, and I really don't want to alter a one-of-514 ragtop. The Coronet, I've owned since 1980 and will probably die with it. So, modding that doesn't really bother me all that much.
I am the third owner. The original owner pulled the engine, had it built put headers, etc. When I got it, I put the EFI on it, because the carburetor was junk.I then decided to redo the whole engine. My car was worth the cost and work of the EFI.

Always keep the factory parts. If you are at a judged car show & it’s that important to you bring them with you but I’m not sure if that matters much. You may have to enter your car as modified depending on the rules.

Back