Electric seat power.

carguy300

Reaction score
Quick question, I pulled the electric seats out today and I noticed only one wire going to each one. Assuming that it would be power coming in, could I hook 12v to that switch and ground the frame and ck operation of motor on the work bench?

Not sure if this helps but if you are testing outside of the car, is it because the seats do not work when installed and hooked up? I had this issue AND 12 volts at the wire. It ended up being a bad connection on the relay behind the driver side kick panel. Just a thought..

Not sure if this helps but if you are testing outside of the car, is it because the seats do not work when installed and hooked up? I had this issue AND 12 volts at the wire. It ended up being a bad connection on the relay behind the driver side kick panel. Just a thought..
Actually I removed them to remove carpet. I do not have dash electronics all back in yet, no battery hooked up. Was curious to do a bench test on them both. Might be easier to ck op at eye level. Seat foam is falling apart from age, be easier to clean and recover also.

Back