1. Boyd

Boyd Member

I know this is not the first time this has been ask, but I have been told that I have a 1969 440 block in my 65 Chrysler New Yorker. That said, I would like to know where that engine came from. The number is 7T440E. The number on the water pump housing is 3698468.
    We are having a time aligning the alternator so the belts will not come off. I need to order some parts from Bouchillon and it sure would help if I could source my engine. Any help would be appreciated.

2. CBODY67

CBODY67 Senior Member

Mis-matched brackets and block? Pictures?

CBODY67

3. C-Sick

C-Sick New Member

I bought a 66 Fury project that came with a 383/TF 727 that was in a mid 70's Mopar of some description. I examined the block and found a casting date on the block 7-12-68.

Whoever had installed this in the mid 70's car swapped the entire front dress onto the 383 including the water pump housing. My Fury had a 440 some time previous to my ownership of it, and still had the power steering pump in the car. I couldn't get it to line up with anything on the front of the 383. the water pump housing on my 383 is a passenger lower outlet casting number is 3698468 same as yours.

I ordered an aluminum WP housing from 440 source, along with the alt brackets, lower pulley and now it all lines up perfectly and looks a lot better than the way the giant 70's alt was mounted. The power steering now lines up and bolts up better too.

4. C-Sick

C-Sick New Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Boyd

Boyd Member

I wanted to thank you all for your input. This has been a problem for a month now. I believe that the solution is in the mail. For C-bodies is my go to place when I get into a jam. Thank you again for your timely leads and solutions.