Engine Mounts question for 1971 plymouth fury custom surburban

cbendure

Reaction score
Ordering new engine mounts n I also seen they list engine mount anchors. Do I need to replace these on my car also when doing the mounts and if so how many do I need?

Ordering new engine mounts n I also seen they list engine mount anchors. Do I need to replace these on my car also when doing the mounts and if so how many do I need?

Don't get the usual auto parts store mounts that are probably made in China. They won't hold up very long, especially when launching a wagon from a stop. I would suggest going the Mity Mount or Shumacher route, where they won't break loose. It isn't a very fun job to change them, so you don't want to go cheap. You need two of them, one for each side of the engine. You might want to consider changing the transmission mount while you are at it (only one of those).

Don't get the usual auto parts store mounts that are probably made in China. They won't hold up very long, especially when launching a wagon from a stop. I would suggest going the Mity Mount or Shumacher route, where they won't break loose. It isn't a very fun job to change them, so you don't want to go cheap.
Do they sell the auto Trans mount also?

Do they sell the auto Trans mount also?

I am pretty sure at least Shumacher does, and probably Mity Mount. Don't expect their prices to be anywhere near the Chinese stuff. There is a reason they are pretty high. Nice designs.

I installed the Schumacher mounts on my 71 about six years ago or more. Great mounts, well worth the cash

I installed the Schumacher mounts on my 71 about six years ago or more. Great mounts, well worth the cash
Yeah they r having a sale this weekend. Gunna shoot for those. My others are pretty cracked up. I doubt my grandfather ever had them replaced. That or he did and they used the cheap China ones.

Yeah I got what you were saying. Your saying my car is the wrong car for the anchors. Thanks.

What I was doing was making a small common joke about a C body, station wagon no less, being referred to as a boat as they commonly are but not the right kind of boat for an anchor.

Lighten up Francis

I wanna drive my real car again. That's all!!

image.jpg

Back