Exhaust Manifolds Ceramic Coated

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I said 10 years ago when I remove the cast exhaust manifolds again, I would ceramic coat them. I am very happy with the look and hope the external heat reduction will keep the paint from cooking off the bottom of my valve covers.
20240222_125445.jpg

Very nice. The only way to go. who did it?
Local to me in Columbus, OH, called Performance Powder Coating. I just discovered them but have been here for 26 years and have a very good reputation.

I am about to do the ones on my '66 Fury. Two questions:

Are there any problems with the heat spring pivoting freely with having the whole unit coated or should I need to look into somehow removing it or blocking it off prior to coating?

Did you have the engine interface ceramic coated or kept bare for better sealing? The factory didn't use gaskets, so I was going to try to re-plane mine and bolt them up the same way.

And a general question for anyone: is there a source for just the heat spring new (with the correct coils and spring rate) without buying a whole heat riser kit for $100+?

I am about to do the ones on my '66 Fury. Two questions:

Are there any problems with the heat spring pivoting freely with having the whole unit coated or should I need to look into somehow removing it or blocking it off prior to coating?

Did you have the engine interface ceramic coated or kept bare for better sealing? The factory didn't use gaskets, so I was going to try to re-plane mine and bolt them up the same way.

And a general question for anyone: is there a source for just the heat spring new (with the correct coils and spring rate) without buying a whole heat riser kit for $100+?
The heat spring still pivots freely after the coating. I did ask the same question.

I did have everything ceramic coated. When I pulled them 10 years ago I used gaskets when I reinstalled them, and plan to do the same this time too.

Last edited:
Back