Exhaust sound

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
All that talking about exhaust, mufflers and sound let me browse around...

I found this and I love this sound!

I know most of you are of the opinion that this sound does not fit an Imperial, but I like it..!

Is it possible to get this sound just from an exhaust or are there other changes necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start-up but not much after that. I put in nice headphones to hear the bass notes and about blew my ears out from the buffeting when they put the camera out the window!

Forget the exhaust note, that silver Charger is stunning!

Nothing wrong with loud tone from an Imperial..... I chose to keep my blue 71 quiet since my brown one was loud.... I gotta do something about that now.

Brown one quieter or blue one louder?

My Imp has a nice growl to it from the duals that were on it before it was mine and they're going to stay until they need to be replaced.

Brown one quieter or blue one louder?

dont have the brown one anymore.... Blue one louder. Since I had the brown car as a cruiser, burnouts, loud exhaust, loud radio, I chose to tone the blue one down.

I was referring to the brown vert:poke:...

Here's my 65 with a 2 1/2" TTI with the standard Dynomax mufflers in the kit. Click on the pic.

Last edited:
That was the kernal question, yes! Thanks. But your answer doesn't make me happy ;)

Some cam companies sell cams that are specifically designed to have a lumpy idle. They are fairly mild for drivability, but idle irregularly so they sound cool while cruising. I have no experience with one of these, but you could look into it. My only experience with a car that sounded like that was my '68 Dart, which had a cam with 246 degrees of duration in a small block. It was way too much cam for the car, but it sounded like that (not that good, of course).

In a heavier car, it would be a problem, though.

Back