F Nike!

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why they play the national anthem at the games at all. Recruitment?

Personally, I won't stand either, not for disrespect or anything, I'm just not there for a government or military function I'd be there to watch some rich a-holes play a stupid game. Sorry, momma didn't raise no robot.
I suspect the anthem is played to show pride in being American, like I see everywhere with flags flying and flag stickers seemingly on every vehicle. Pride in a nation that has achieved much in its 242 year history - like other nations in earlier times, not always good but mostly - imho the world would have been (and be,) a lesser place if not for the United States of America.

She didn't raise anyone to respect our national anthem either. Too bad. And, yes, its disrespect.

I have respect for the anthem. When you go to Ft McHenry and the curtains open and the flag is there and the anthem plays I can't help but well up. When I go to a high school game I'll stand. Even a college game. IMO it has no place at a professional game. It has no place in racing either.

If we're going to imagine a separation of church and state, may as well have a separation of game and state as well.

Also these protests have no place at any of these event either.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0ugRNCbKxOCS1EPG-G0rV88NHchD672gcRzCnJvOZvSoZB9ef.jpg

Since when is kneeling a sign of disrespect? I agree that he’s grandstanding and the point has been made. I wish that he wouldn’t use our Flag to do so. Nike has merely made a marketing decision. They certainly don’t care about this crap!

Another thing, he didn't sacrifice anything, if he was any good he would be playing in the NFL. He isn't any good and now Nike is saying he sacrificed everything, bullshit.

Since advertisers and the government discovered it's very lucrative to pit one group against another.

Another thing, he didn't sacrifice anything, if he was any good he would be playing in the NFL. He isn't any good and now Nike is saying he sacrificed everything, bullshit.
He certainly didn’t sacrifice everything! I’d give every material item I owned for his Nike contract!

:usflag: I love our Flag and would never kneel for the anthem but I don’t hate Colin for being true to himself. My America allows Pro-Nazi rallies and kneeling for the anthem.

NIKE Can "F" off. I have not bought their foreign **** since I found out they were made in Vietnam, Just Sayin'

Agree 100% Bob......what does the average NFL player know abt sacrifice? And where the hell were these guys during the off season? Probably drinking and treating women like garbage.
Wow! This is really what you guys believe! “...the average NFL player...was drinking and treating women like garbage...” Just wow.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why they play the national anthem at the games at all. Recruitment?

Personally, I won't stand either, not for disrespect or anything, I'm just not there for a government or military function I'd be there to watch some rich a-holes play a stupid game. Sorry, momma didn't raise no robot.

I would immediately withdraw all Military Honor Guards and Military Flyovers from ever performing at any game again!

If anybody sacrificed with regard to Crapernick, it was probably the owners of the 49er's who signed the POS. They probably wound up eating most of his multi-million dollar contract. Can't say I feel all that sorry for them though.

Dave

Back