few photos i took before i took my car to the body shop

jct

Reaction score
yes it a group shot

P1040391_zpsw1xbdari.jpg

truck is not mine
P1040394_zps5mllxpcv.jpg

P1040395_zpse8zw1m1h.jpg

it is an odd ball that's for sure. plenty of head room not so much leg room when i want to stretch out

from what i heard it's a miniature fwd suv with 98hp but i don't push it that hard just when i get on the highway

Remember when a '63 Falcon was a compact car? That Newport looks great.

Going in for a paint job and some white walls?
Thats a sharp car.

no not a paint job just rust removal and to make it water proof once again. no to the white walls will be upgrading to 15's is on the list but not a priority

water leaks into the trunk around the body the body seams on both sides, handful of holes in the floor above the rear wheel wells around the pressure point of the fender skirts lil bit on the lower part of the doors

ugh body shop wants $12k, to sand blast the whole car, fix the holes, and repaint the whole car and keep it for 3 months...

feck that! i'm goin to do it myself and i never done body work before. it's unknown territory for me, i'm not using a welder, i don't have one. bondo and fiberglass navel jelly, por15 and a wire wheel drill attachment and not worry about the paint job. just going to have fun with my 3000 dollar car.

Atta boy! Take lots of pics and keep us in the loop. You should consider seeing if the community college has an auto body class and begin training.

ugh body shop wants $12k, to sand blast the whole car, fix the holes, and repaint the whole car and keep it for 3 months...

Maybe get a couple more estimates? Pare back some of the work?
Without seeing enough of the whole car it's hard to say but that seems a trifle high. It can't hurt to shop around. Also check some of the community colleges and see if they have an automotive course. Maybe they can do it for you as part of their body shop class. You pay for the materials and they do the work.

i can manage it my self and will do it for less than 200 dollars just for material and tools

Last edited by a moderator:
look at the plastic lens it's got all bubbly

compared to this photo

P1030790_zpsecmf1vqm.jpg

look at the plastic lens it's got all bubbly

compared to this photo

P1030790_zpsecmf1vqm.jpg

What happened? It is like you took another photo after it sat in the sun for ten years. Very odd.

When you have 37 airbags and all the crap that goes with...yeah, they really are fairly large for what they are.

thankfully mine only has two airbags, no TC, just abs and in a 5 spd gear box. thankfully i'm back in automatic in my newport

What happened? It is like you took another photo after it sat in the sun for ten years. Very odd.

that's what i'm thinking what happened just baked in the sun >_<

Back