Fiberglass bumpers for Furyious

No this car has those shock absorber style brackets. All that's comming off & I will fab something much lighter
Aluminum brackets and those bumpers Bob you will be about 300# lighter. Solid mount the k to the longitudinals and ditch all the inner fender and aprons. If you really want inner fenders you could cut down some GM stuff.

Aluminum brackets and those bumpers Bob you will be about 300# lighter. Solid mount the k to the longitudinals and ditch all the inner fender and aprons. If you really want inner fenders you could cut down some GM stuff.
300 pounds? You really think so. When I got the car the inner fenders where off & inside the car. I weighed they as a pair at 25 pounds.

Are '65 hoods the same as '66? A guy on FB is trying to get six made for a '66.
I honestly don't know. I bet you can find a few more that would want a hood. There is street weight & race weight. Pin on & bolt on. The pin on race weight hoods are flimsy.

So dose a 65-66 hood fit a 68?, I have zero cars to look at in person around here to find any differences, I have done some research on FG hoods and, where im located, i would have to do it myself or pay big time, one day in the not too distant future i will start on some small stuff in FG and CF and possibly look at a hood, I have worked out that a CF one (4 layers) would come in at around 17 lbs. Small steps first though, the inner fenders would be about 1/2 through my planned projects :)
A sig i saw the other day "Goals without a timeline are only dreams" - food for thought

IMG_9904.JPG
IMG_9905.JPG
The front bumper FINALLY came. I ordered both on April 25. Was beginning to wonder if the front was ever going to get here. It looks very nice. About 7 pounds. So I'm thinking these two glass bumpers should knock off at least 200 pounds.

Back