Firm feel Power steering box

That looks like it definitely provides more clearance all around for after market headers and swaps correct? Just curious would you have an idea of how much smaller the new box is in width and height etc??

I wish I had taken some measurements of both parts to compare dimensions and weight as long as laying on the bench.
Borgeson Homepage states it has a 10# ( pounds?) weight decrease and „drastically header clearance increase“ . No dimension found so far. Steering gear box weight is 25 lbs.

Right! Think of how all that VIBRATION plays hell w your turn signal switch and other parts of the steering wheel assembly. I would like a poly urethane coupler if its not too hard, but only IF.

Another possibility would be to machine a big rubber lab stopper. Were it not for the LandRover coupler, that would have been my course. Be nice to get some durometer readings on an NOS Mopar coupler for comparison first though....

For sure the OEM style rubber insulated coupling made and still makes sense to absorbe vibrations. The engineers would not have spend there time on it without any reason.

So far I drove my 66‘ 300 for about 700mls. Since installing the Borgeson Box with the „solid“ universal coupling and I can not report on any vibrations.
For sure, it could become an symptom when tires become imbalanced or wheel alignment is not good.
It worked out very good on my car.
Only thing I have noticed is an hydraulic grunt noise under certain conditions I could not explain myself.
It only occurs when returning to centre from a left turn, and not always. So speed and temperature are playing within this equation.
I did separate both pressure and Return line from each other and added a foam on a place where the return line maybe could touch the inner fender But this did not fix this effect.
I can live with this Minor issue, sometimes I will find the Root cause.

I drove long tours into the black forrest and the car was so easy to keep in line on narrow roads or Long and fast curves.
I‘m very excited about the easyness to Drive the 300 now.

03E7F7A6-9279-4C71-B906-20DC7F4098F4.jpeg
8BDF7E5C-EF3C-4A6B-A4B2-4DBB80C453FD.jpeg
Here is a good picture about clearance to the stock manifold providing a rough idea how it will work with headers.
PS. I forget about the fact that there is still a rubber in place above the solid universal joint providing insulation as well as enough of a length compensation.

View attachment 393444

Depends on your goal....
Personally I Hate my big block MOPAR'S that still have the factory power steering that you can wing with your pinky from lock to lock. When I'm skating sideways spinning the tires I want some road feedback feel in the wheel.
Secondly my time is Very valuable in life at this point. I'd NEVER waste my time buying a Junk reman from Autozone praying I get a good 1. I know multiple people that have & got bad one's & had to remove, return, & reinstall.
The stage 2 is a must. But there's so many variables in car to car. From all your front end parts, to whl/tire combo, to shocks.
Like if you have Not spent $50-60 on a pair of Silver KYB shocks yet... Your car will drive like it Never has just with That upgrade

Depends on your goal....
Personally I Hate my big block MOPAR'S that still have the factory power steering that you can wing with your pinky from lock to lock. When I'm skating sideways spinning the tires I want some road feedback feel in the wheel.
Secondly my time is Very valuable in life at this point. I'd NEVER waste my time buying a Junk reman from Autozone praying I get a good 1. I know multiple people that have & got bad one's & had to remove, return, & reinstall.
The stage 2 is a must. But there's so many variables in car to car. From all your front end parts, to whl/tire combo, to shocks.
Like if you have Not spent $50-60 on a pair of Silver KYB shocks yet... Your car will drive like it Never has just with That upgrade
Thank you for sharing. You’ve got me thinking about steering / suspension mods. I am thinking of ditching the power steering in Elwood (68 Fury II 4 door sedan). Something between the ‘pinky finger’ steering that’s in Shamu (Stock 69 Fury III vert) and the armstrong steering (manual with a Shelby steering arm and quicker ratio power steering box in Tigger - my 65 Mustang road racing setup).
More research I must do...

Back