floor&trunk pans

Over the years ...guys on the Dock and Moparts as well as shows have claimed to have used b body metal for floors and trunks..... don't know, it's hearsay

b body trunk floor is not even close. i checked into it for my trunk floor. the b body floor is recessed in the center of the pan in the gas tank area. the c body floor is more or less flat. it may be possible to cut and raise the center of the floor but it was more effort than i thought it was worth.

This is a 69 B-Body Panel
800-1468_800.jpg

It goes back another topic, what is it you are looking for?
For the effort it may not be worth it, bu t that is me.

Alan

I purchased a drivers side trunk extension that doesn't look remotely similar to the factory piece so count me in against C2C.

has anyone actually had the trunk extensions in their hands? or know of photos of someone trying to use them?

Also, similar things are said of the slab quarterpanel patches. Same thing - has anyone actual had them in their hands or knows of photos of someone trying to use them?

I bought the quarters a while ago but I never unboxed them. I know they are thin and probaby "shitty" but what the heck else are you supposed to try to use? Cutting full quarters off of a four door has proven to be nearly impossible.

has anyone actually had the trunk extensions in their hands? or know of photos of someone trying to use them?

Also, similar things are said of the slab quarterpanel patches. Same thing - has anyone actual had them in their hands or knows of photos of someone trying to use them?

I bought the quarters a while ago but I never unboxed them. I know they are thin and probaby "shitty" but what the heck else are you supposed to try to use? Cutting full quarters off of a four door has proven to be nearly impossible.

As regards trunk pans / floors, I mentioned some time ago that one of the 300 Club, Intl. members used an AMD repro floor pan for an E-body in his '62 300-H. He said the panel was a nearly perfect fit / look and that it would also work for some later model C-bodies. Has anyone checked into this?

Here is a link to the thread where we discussed this topic last:

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar...epro-C-Body-Floor-Pans&highlight=e-body+floor

Last edited:
Since I had no other options - I bought C2C trunk floor extensions and trunk floor. The beads are not as deep as the original and they had to be tweaked to fit, but the metal is thick. Overall I was pleased with results. I can take pics if needed.
Regarding quarter panel skins, or even lower halves - THERE ARE NONE good quality panels... I found a company in Canada that makes them (they have multiple listings on Ebay). I called them, they make them by hand forming/bending (they prefer not to tell about it). I ordered a set - what a POS those are... Thin metal, the shape is completely off, creases in the middle of the panel... I ended up ordering sheet metal and making them myself with more satisfying results.

I wonder if any of the trunk extensions from an B, or E body would work for our slabsides.

A while back people were using Dart extensions on 67-69 Barracudas, same family but it took a lot of work.

I do not see a B/E piece being any better, at that point you might as well start from scratch, any bodyman worth his rate should be able to do this.

Alan

I called AMD. Asked - why they don`t make C-bodies panels.. They said - it`s simple - no demand...

Back