FOR SALE VALVE COVERS OFF OF A 400 CI NEWPORT MINT

Newportnuts

Reaction score
WILL ACCEPT OFFERS ON THESE VALVE COVERS, WILL SEND A PICTURE SOON...MY CAR WAS HIT BY A DRIVER RUNNING A RED LIGHT AND MY 73 NEWPORT CUSTOM WITH 23000 MILES NUMBERS MATCHING CAR IS A WRITE OFF...THE ONLY CONSOLATION IS THE CAR TOOK THE HIT AND SAVED MY LIFE..GOD BLESS BIG BOAT CHRYSLERS...BERTHA REST IN PEACE

NEWPORTNUTS
2019-09-23 18.36.52 (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

Sorry for your loss of Bertha and good to know you ar OK.
Were you able to buy her back for parts?
Being low mileage one can only assume the floors and trunk were mint and could be cut out to save the next project
73's have lots of popular/desirable parts to offer.

Last edited:
Huge bummer! I’m really sorry about the loss of your car but I’m really glad that you are OK. Are the valve cover the only thing that survived?

Man that’s awful. Glad you’re still with so that’s one bright spot!

We were looking at an old bugeye and we passed for just this reason. People just do not give a flying $&#% about driving carefully. Autonomous cars are not the answer, taking away their licenses for life might be. We’ve lost 2 cars in the last 5 years due to red light runners. We’d both be dead if it happened in that bugeyed sprite. I’m angry for you and your cool old car, but big picture is you aren’t hurt. I’m still looking into doing a factory five cobra but I might cage the dang thing like a nascar.

Sorry for your loss.

How do you not see a 18 ft banana?

:BangHead:

That's a '73 with tits so, almost, if not right on the line at 19 feet. And I agree, how do you miss that!? I guess they didn't miss it, unfortunately. I read alot about driving psychology, and oddly enough, alot of people are drawn to bright colours and lights like moths. Those flatbed pickup's with the giant flashing arrows on the deck, alerting drivers that the lane is down, get rearended all the time! That flashy Ferrari or Lambo; way more likely to be involved in a collision due to driver's not being able to take their eye's off of it, and inadvertently driving into it.

WILL ACCEPT OFFERS ON THESE VALVE COVERS, WILL SEND A PICTURE SOON...MY CAR WAS HIT BY A DRIVER RUNNING A RED LIGHT AND MY 73 NEWPORT CUSTOM WITH 23000 MILES NUMBERS MATCHING CAR IS A WRITE OFF...THE ONLY CONSOLATION IS THE CAR TOOK THE HIT AND SAVED MY LIFE..GOD BLESS BIG BOAT CHRYSLERS...BERTHA REST IN PEACE

NEWPORTNUTSView attachment 350376

Gotta be more than just valve covers left, right? Steering knuckles from those models are particularly sought after. Nice Mirada wheels will always be worth something too.

Well, that sucks! I liked that car. I'm glad to hear you are okay.

I had a young woman in a minivan drive right through a stop sign in front of me last summer. Her nose was in her damn phone. I realized she wasn't going to stop so, I slowed down. She didn't notice me until she was already half way through the intersection. She glanced at me and then looked straight ahead immediately. She knew she was in the wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that her nose went right back into her phone on the next block.

I just noticed the vinyl roof has padding. Do you know what the deal is with that? The paint also looks on the fresh side. Low mile refresh?

I'm sorry for your loss. I had a woman come off a hill and run a stop sign and hit me in the right rear quarter of my 1968 New Yorker and not only spin the vehicle but send it into a 20 foot ditch. At which time it went over on its top , slide down the bank on its roof , hit a big sage bush at the bottom , finally flipped back onto its wheels facing the other way. Flattened the roof to the tops of the seat on the right side. Car was totaled. Wish I had the car for a parts car now. Wife and I came through it. Wife bruised, I had scalp damage. THANK GOD for seat belts that day.
On a different note are you going to sell parts from the car other than the valve covers? If so are the front seats bench or electric bucket seats (50/50 style)? If selling, how much?

What is it with people???Oh, and since most people are at home because of covid,people,some,are just driving way to fast and following each other at high speeds.I live in maryland and the beltway has become a speedway,it isn,t at all funny.People are putting others in danger.And as an enthusiast it,s a real bummer when someone destroys our pride and joy.Most cannot fix or replace and these cars are our mental outlet in a crazy world.I no longer have mine and at least once or twice a year dream of driving my NYB. My condolences on your pretty yellow newport,that sounds a little silly,but you know what i mean.B.B

Back