Formal throttle linkage problem with Eddie carb

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have an Eddie carb on a Formal and use the stock accelerator linkage may have a problem with the Eddie not able to get to WOT. You have to drill a hole on the linkage rod about a 1/2" up from the back of the flat rod that hooks to the carb. I'm still in Green Bay and won't be able to correct this until I get home later this weekend or next weekend. The existing hole on the flat rod doesn't allow the Eddie to get to WOT. I'll post a picture when I get it fixed. You can check this by pulling the linkage all the way back and then disconnect it from the carb and pull it back again and you'll see there is a huge difference. Drilling a hole about a 1/2" up on that flat rod changes the fulcrum and allows the carb to open to WOT.

I had this problem on my bro-in-law car, thought I was out of the woods because manual trans(no kickdown linkage) not so. Apparently it is across the board with eddies you will notice a big difference Bob. I will grab a pic of his setup tomarrow.

With the gas mileage I get, not getting WOT may be better for me.
But seriously, I don't have this problem.
When I installed the Eddie, I made sure I was getting full travel by the position of where I clamped the throttle cable to the manifold bracket.
BUT, I'm using the stock manifold so maybe it's only needed when using the Eddie carb/manifold combo.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
IMG_20141004_105642_686.jpgI moved it down to this hole redrilled to size because pedal would not pull far enough on top, add in a kickdown linkage and it gets more complicated, like your teacher told you check your work.

IMG_20141004_105642_686.jpg

Weber or what is left bought Carter carbs, owned by Fiat BTW, makes them for edelbrock.

1 Edelbrock is dist. network

2. Weber/remnants of Carter manufactures them

3. Fiat shakes envelopes with the pay ups.

Didn't know about that Connection. Quality of Weber carbs for vintage European cars is down I heard since they shifted production to Spain.

I think carb manufacturing is disappearing so not really surprising that quality is following. Strange how car manufacture's bought carbs from outside companies built to specs but no effort to hide what kind of carb it was. Today the OEM pieces together the F.I. system instead of just buying a package built to their specs.

Here's an interesting tidbit and not throw this off topic but, I was looking at a timing chain for the Dakota V6 and the Edelbrock branded one is made by Cloyes for them.

With the gas mileage I get, not getting WOT may be better for me.
But seriously, I don't have this problem.
When I installed the Eddie, I made sure I was getting full travel by the position of where I clamped the throttle cable to the manifold bracket.
BUT, I'm using the stock manifold so maybe it's only needed when using the Eddie carb/manifold combo.

Posted via Topify on Android

You're right....I forgot to mention I have an Eddie manifold too.

Back