Forward look dealer display box

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a dealer body color display box used in the 50's-60's to demonstrate optional body colors on the different Mopars sold.
Some were wood and some were metal. They had a back lighted screen for the different model sheets and usually had a storage compartment for the upholstery swatchs.

I just need the unit itself so any with incomplete content is OK.

Keep me in mind if you spot one at a show or swap meet. collect info.

Thanks, Will.

Here is a pic of the correct display box for 1961 Plymouth. I was able to locate and aquire all the content ...... now I need the display box.

get-attachment.asp

Last edited:
Was this the Substitute of earlier cast models in different Body Colors ?
I remember seeing some from the early 50s like this Chevrolet with designations of the Colors printed on the Roof.

1950_Chevy_promo_car_rear_3qtr.jpg

1950_Chevy_promo_car_rear_3qtr.jpg

Was this the Substitute of earlier cast models in different Body Colors ?
I remember seeing some from the early 50s like this Chevrolet with designations of the Colors printed on the Roof.

View attachment 48666

I remember those. Probably a pretty effective and less complicated way to demonstrate color combo's then the light boxes or dealer albums.

there were the regular Promos (made out of plastic) which started in the late 40s/early 50s.
Then there was Banthrico who built metal bank Promos. Those were produced till the mid 50s then they stopped because plastic models won

I'm on the hunt for a dealer body color display box used in the 50's-60's to demonstrate optional body colors on the different Mopars sold.
Some were wood and some were metal. They had a back lighted screen for the different model sheets and usually had a storage compartment for the upholstery swatchs.

Thanks, Will.

I want one of those so bad that I can't stand it. We used to play with them all the time at my grandpa's house.

The guy that owns the place I recommended also owns this car (among others)

41740.jpg

1928 Dual Cowl Imperial LeBaron. This car is so original and unrestored that it hurts. A friend of mine works on all his cars.

Thanks, Will.

Here is a pic of the correct display box for 1961 Plymouth. I was able to locate and aquire all the content ...... now I need the display box.

get-attachment.asp
Were is mine?

Back