Found - 61 300G Disassembled - What's it worth?

Would it be possible to spend a day or two pulling the suspension back under the car and placing the motor and trans, and maybe the seats back in place? Might make the project a little move desirable to a buyer if it could be rolled onto a trailer?
I couldn’t have sold my ‘68 Coronet R/T without doing that and it actually turned out to be a fun couple of days.

Hi Guys - I'm a member over on the A and B body sites (I own a 67 GTX and a 71 Duster). I have found a very rare b-body that I'd like to buy but the seller also wants me to buy the project that her husband started but never finished before he passed a few years back. It's a 61 300 G coupe. The car is 100% disassembled, but "seems" to be fairly complete. At least it's all in one building that's heated. The body is rolling on a buck, the engine and trans have been rebuilt, the entire interior has been redone (red leather) and is in storage, it's an AC car, looks to have been a silver car. The body is very straight and rust free, the floors are perfect. I will upload some pics here. I guess I'm trying to find out what it's worth and to see if there are any potential buyers for the car. Like I said I want the other car but the seller wants me to take both - thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dave - Wakefield, MA

View attachment 317887

View attachment 317888

View attachment 317889

View attachment 317890

View attachment 317891

View attachment 317892

View attachment 317893

View attachment 317894

View attachment 317895

View attachment 317896
Hello Dave,
I'm in North Reading and own a 300G convertible, so am interested in the collection of parts that used to be a 300G coupe. I'd like to go see the car/parts to try and guess how much may be missing. Thanks,

Hello Dave,
I live in North Reading and have a 300G coupe, so I'm interested in the collection of parts that used to be a 300G coupe. I'd like to visit the car/parts to try and guess how much may be missing. Thanks,

Don’t do it! It’s still a car and a damn good one at that!:soapbox:

Hello Dave,
I live in North Reading and have a 300G coupe, so I'm interested in the collection of parts that used to be a 300G coupe. I'd like to visit the car/parts to try and guess how much may be missing. Thanks,

Noah - Weather permitting I'll be at Kitty's tomorrow night - let's talk. Look for my Bahama Yellow 71 340 Duster

I've restored a 55, 57, and 61 in the past, and might very well have one more resto in me now that I'm retired, but it would depend a lot on how much was missing, especially the unique ram intake and exhaust, and making sure it has the correct engine, and not an arbitrary 413 from back in the day.

Noah - Weather permitting I'll be at Kitty's tomorrow night - let's talk. Look for my Bahama Yellow 71 340 Duster
Great! I'll either be in my G convertible (white) or my Hurst. I've seen your Duster before, so will be looking for you. If weather is somewhat iffy, I might be in my 2005 300C station wagon (that Chrysler didn't build- started as a Magnum, but I'm a 300 guy so...)

Great! I'll either be in my G convertible (white) or my Hurst. I've seen your Duster before, so will be looking for you. If weather is somewhat iffy, I might be in my 2005 300C station wagon (that Chrysler didn't build- started as a Magnum, but I'm a 300 guy so...)

Great - looking forward to meeting you!

You don't want that 300G. It'll be a money pit and youll go screaming into the night waaaaay before it's done. Let me help you, help yourself. I'll take it and relieve you of much misery........
:lol:
Best of luck and hope you can finalize the deal!!
Take it from someone who is in the home stretch of restoring a 300G, all letter cars are a money pit. Every little thing ends up costing you an arm and a leg. The parts are the biggest thing. Most parts are unique on a letter car so they are $$$ to buy if you have to find them. The interiors are being made again but the new company making them has marked up the prices from what Gary Goers used to charge. Seems like everyone who owns a G is dying and their cars are coming on the market. Prices seem to be lower everytime I see one on sale. I joke with some of my muscle car buddies that I'm waiting for them to die off so I can buy their Hemi cars for cheap. This is currently happening in the Letter car market.
The colors available on a G are White, Red, Black, and Cinnamon. You could special order any other color but it wasn't "standard". Tallzag owns a light Blue 300G which is a 999 car.

I can't find any pics of the car prior to now. Based on what you guys are telling me, one option may be to part it out. I'm in agreement that the number to purchase the whole package would be in the 8k range.
I'm in COMPLETE agreement....a three year restoration on my 300C here became an EMOTIONAL and FINANCIAL nightmare. No, we don't "do" these for ROI (return on investment) and if we did, we'd be like the US Govt., running in the red forever. My 300C sucked the life out of me at times given specialty parts availability and costs. Yes, the car is iconic, it's gorgeous, and a head turner, but like stated above, owners are dying, the collectable factor is diminishing and the appeal of these things, in my experience, is that the niche is really, really, getting small. I'm 63 and I think I'm a youngster in Letter Car circles...Want a Letter Car? Great! Buy a done car, pay the right money and enjoy it... I have had more than my share of invested money, time and tears....than to want more again. The nice thing about doing my resto was that I KNOW what's in the car...the bad thing? ALL OF THE ABOVE! I'm so under water in it that I don't even think about it. And then, I started hoarding parts..."just because" and of course, we all do this. I have an extra "this" and two of "these" and then I see the ads for stuff and a lot of the parts aren't even moving. My 300C has probably dropped in value though I increase the insurance each year....duh!

Buy a done car, repair/fix/upgrade to your heart's content and network with the two 300 Clubs, great resources, this site, and other owners....
Anyway, my one cent....I had two cents but the 300C sucked it up! Newport 66 is spot on with those remarks!!!!!

Good luck!

Post a few pics of this in a new thread, or do a photo garage.
I'm in COMPLETE agreement....a three year restoration on my 300C here became an EMOTIONAL and FINANCIAL nightmare. No, we don't "do" these for ROI (return on investment) and if we did, we'd be like the US Govt., running in the red forever. My 300C sucked the life out of me at times given specialty parts availability and costs. Yes, the car is iconic, it's gorgeous, and a head turner, but like stated above, owners are dying, the collectable factor is diminishing and the appeal of these things, in my experience, is that the niche is really, really, getting small. I'm 63 and I think I'm a youngster in Letter Car circles...Want a Letter Car? Great! Buy a done car, pay the right money and enjoy it... I have had more than my share of invested money, time and tears....than to want more again. The nice thing about doing my resto was that I KNOW what's in the car...the bad thing? ALL OF THE ABOVE! I'm so under water in it that I don't even think about it. And then, I started hoarding parts..."just because" and of course, we all do this. I have an extra "this" and two of "these" and then I see the ads for stuff and a lot of the parts aren't even moving. My 300C has probably dropped in value though I increase the insurance each year....duh!

Buy a done car, repair/fix/upgrade to your heart's content and network with the two 300 Clubs, great resources, this site, and other owners....
Anyway, my one cent....I had two cents but the 300C sucked it up! Newport 66 is spot on with those remarks!!!!!

Good luck!
Leftover C parts? Do you have any extra trim that goes on the passenger side fender above the front bumper? It's a pot metal piece above the front bumper. Thanks,

Leftover C parts? Do you have any extra trim that goes on the passenger side fender above the front bumper? It's the pot metal piece that completes the wrap around. Maybe a spare trunk emblem?

Post a few pics of this in a new thread, or do a photo garage.
300C wagon front.JPG
300C wagon rear.JPG

Leftover C parts? Do you have any extra trim that goes on the passenger side fender above the front bumper? It's the pot metal piece that completes the wrap around. Maybe a spare trunk emblem?

Hi, If you're referring to that chrome trim piece, sorry, that's just one of the parts that the ahole chrome guy lost or destroyed....and Gary Goers had ONE left. I bought it, but it was about 1/16'' smaller (Gary told me so before buying it) and thus, the fender had to be repainted to avoid having the paint "line" revealed from the original piece. I wish I could help you here. Do you need the tri color 300 badge for the deck lid? I think they're available new from-and you can download Gary's old catalogue as a PDF. If not reach out and I can check to see what's packed away. I know how hard it is to find parts!

bob

Gary Goers parts will be Available soon from PA:
Cheryl and Dave Mihalko, owners of Quirey Quality Design have recently reached an agreement with Gary Goers to purchase his business. Quirey Quality Design is the manufacturer of plastic and rubber goods along with the Topcat Whisker brand of belt line weather stripping for the Mopar industry covering the years 1953-and up. We have 40 years of experience in the restoration hobby. Quirey is currently located in Windber, PA. We utilize CNC machines, injection machines and other modern technology to make top quality products for the restoration market. The addition of Gary Goers' parts have allowed us to increase our coverage of products for Chrysler automobiles. We are extremely excited about this new venture. We both are currently at Garys in Kalispell MT working on packing the business up for the move to Windber PA, so it t will be a few weeks before we back in PA, unpacked and are up and running smoothly. Here is our contact information for all orders:

Quirey Quality Design Co.

3200 Graham Ave

Windber, Pa 15963

814-509-6410

Out of the latest Chrysler 300 Letter Club International information.

The above message is about a year old.

Edit: I’m trying to help also. It won’t be any delay with them, They are up and running now. We know it is past tense, but nobody else here does. That’s my reason I posted this message.

Carry on!

Last edited:
Just trying to help him out....I know it's past tense....but they have helped with parts.....

Back