For Sale Found an auction listing the "Flying Whale" '66 300 For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after the good doctor sold the car it went to Birmingham Alabama where it was in a private collection of cars that was sort of a museum that you could rent out and have a wedding, a big party or something at while surrounded by cars from the teens (1910-19) through 1970, 2/3 of which were Chrysler products.

The car fell off of the face of the earth after it went to this museum but I learned that the museum owner tracked down Henry and actually tried to sell the car back to Henry.

I don't know what happened with the museum and could only speculate but the Feds hired the auction company to liquidate all of the cars and project cars that the museum owner had and now the car is mine, at least until it makes me have to change my shorts...

Bill

I will post some of the photos Bill M. sent to me when I get some time. The car arrived at night and went into my messy and crowded garage and she currently is sitting on the lift with a '71 Fury underneath that I need to clean up and post for sale.

Here is a quick photo I took with my phone before I put the car up in the air, so to speak.

The 300 in the garage after arrival from Birmingham.JPG

My personal photos of Da Whale! Henry would join us quite often when we had our "dinner and a cruise" get togethers. The guy has a lot of imagination, and lots of ingenuity to match !! The last time I talked with him he was talking about doing an all wheel drive "turbine powered" project vehicle. He is a good guy, animated, and just flat out interesting!
MVC-020S.JPG
octcruise300r.JPG
octcruise300l.JPG
octcruiseall.JPG
octcruise300s.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

I was very pleased when you asked for pictures. The Whale has been my personal favorite ever since I first saw it on the Dock and to find that you managed to snag it just made my day! If I ever get to your end of the country, I'll be at your door begging for a ride around the block in the Whale!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Move N Up - Thanks for those pics. A friend of mine, Rob, was either on that cruise or another one that Flyin Whale was on. Rob told me that on one of the curvy roads Henry put the pedal down and was gone. No one could keep up with him.

Bill, you will get a ride in the Whale and in my '68 Sport Fury with a stock appearing 520" professionally built Stroked 440 that will run 13 seconds in the quarter mile on G70/15 bias ply tires.

Beautiful car....the hood scoop looks out of place and I would remove it or replace the hood.

I can’t wait to see more of this car come spring, congrats and thanks for posting up all the info on it for those of us that were not on the dock.:thumbsup::thankyou:

The scoop needs to stay. It's part of the car's heritage.
It's not like some twerp slapped on some PepBoys crap, a monster stereo, and ruined it. The scoop is one part of the whole.

If you look at the intake manifold on the engine you will see that the car MUST have a hood scoop or a big hole in the hood large enough for an air cleaner to feed the engine. The engine requires a 14" diameter air cleaner that is either 4" tall or is 3+ inches tall with a K N filtering top on it in order to pull in sufficient air.

Last edited:
If you look at the intake manifold on the engine you will see that the car MUST have a hood scoop or a big hole in the hood once a large enough air cleaner to feed the engine is installed. The engine requires a 14" diameter air cleaner that is either 4" tall or is 3+ inches tall with a K N filtering top on it in order to pull in sufficient air.
:BangHead: thanks for explaining it Bill, my head was gonna blow

Hey all! I hardly ever check in here but I was looking at 1966 Chrysler pics on a google search and saw fresh pics of the infamous Flyin' Whale which led me to this thread. I'm very happy to see that the Whale has resurfaced, amazingly complete, and that a true C-body fan has become its new caretaker. Congrats!

Hey all! I hardly ever check in here but I was looking at 1966 Chrysler pics on a google search and saw fresh pics of the infamous Flyin' Whale which led me to this thread. I'm very happy to see that the Whale has resurfaced, amazingly complete, and that a true C-body fan has become its new caretaker. Congrats!

Almost 8 years on the board and this all you can come up with for your first post? What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back