Found the original Certicard

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys probably know about a Certicard, but I never knew of such a item. I just discovered it mounted in a pouch on the radiator bracket. It is the original owners card. It looks like she received a early Christmas present in 1965. I am the third owner and the second owner knew the original owner, her husband was a local dentist.

I think it was a very cool fine. I googled her name she is 82 and still lives in Springfield in the same house. Certicard original sm edit.jpg

Certicard original sm.jpg

Certicard original sm edit.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. Call her!!!! She's got stories!!!!

I agree, call her. Its a damn shame the car isnt "on the road" she would love to see it.

The lady that ordered my car cried happy tears to find out where her car was and she was only away from it less than a year.

The next year yielded a visit to mid PA and get stories and some photos.........

187134 2005  Gillams David and Dave.jpg

187134 1971.jpg

Oh I forgot to ask, It took you that long to find it?

At least you found it, keep it in a safe place and take it to shows with the car when the time comes.

When did they stop using the certicard?

I would say '67 was the last year for the card. I have the original with my silver Imp.

I plan on writing her and sending her some current photos. Her number is unlisted. I definitely want some stories. I feel like it has to be pretty significant to her since she got it on 12/24/65. That would have been one cool Christmas present. How could anyone forget that one?

Oh I forgot to ask, It took you that long to find it?

At least you found it, keep it in a safe place and take it to shows with the car when the time comes.

When did they stop using the certicard?

I have been working on the engine, carb, and general tune-up and not the surrounding engine compartment. I then moved to the brakes and gas tank. It wasn't until today that I decided to start cleaning up under the hood and there it was. I had no idea what I has discovered until I pulled it out. It made my day!

I agree, call her. Its a damn shame the car isnt "on the road" she would love to see it.

The lady that ordered my car cried happy tears to find out where her car was and she was only away from it less than a year.

The next year yielded a visit to mid PA and get stories and some photos.........

I plan on having on the road by this spring and she is only 25 miles from my shop on nice country roads.

That's cool. Hope to hear her response. I would drop if someone with my old cars contacted me.

I can't remember seeing a card in a '68. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be.

I just remembered! `67 was the last year that they were under the hood, in `68 they put them inside the rear page of the owners manual.

Back