Found the proper forum I think...

Sgt.Rock

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new and think this is correct for my 1955 Dodge Coronet 2dr. I registered in error under the A body forum before I found the description for this one. I have been doing a complete redo on this car for the past 4 yrs. It is my very first build and have done everything on my own, engine, transmission, rear end, body, paint, lettering, wiring and fab'd up my fenderwell headers etc. It was a long, long journey that I hope is almost finished. If lucky I will hit the drag races with it in 3 weeks time. I have put a '68 383 in it, with many hi po mods, a 727 and a new 8 3/4 with 4.11's and posi.
So.... I attempted to turn it over tonight after installing my new B+M shifter. However for some reason the starter gets power only with shifter in 'reverse'!! Not a good thing I would imagine. No power to the starter in any other gears. Sooo, any idea of how I can fix this? I have a 3 prong NSS on the tranny. As well the brake lights do not come on, so would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

Hi, I have tried to load some pictures, but they are upside down? And the arrows to turn em around are not active...any ideas

IMG_0142.jpg

Hi, I have tried to load some pictures, but they are upside down? And the arrows to turn em around are not active...any ideas

heck they got thier pics..let them figure it out..yuk yuk
thier not to bad once they get a pic or two
l use photo bucket and it allows me to turn pics..mayby if we knew what you were useing someone else here can help sort ya out...

I'd bet $ that your shifter is out of sync with the "chicken head" in the trans. What year 727 and what year shifter? Push button shift or linkage? Easy fix but the pan might have to come off so you can see which direction and how far to adjust it. Oh yeah! What year NSS too? their were many changes over the yearz. The early cable shifters were single wire which waz basically a ground wire but don't go there, It'll start in any position and that ain't good, Jer

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Very kool piece you have built there!

That is a cool looking ride. Welcome. I think you just have it wired wrong and it is starting instead of turning reverse lights on flip the two outside wires around.

You might have it wired incorrectly.

The center "pin" on the switch is for the neutral switch. It returns ground to the starter relay. The two outside pins are for the reverse lights.

I like the car!

Amazing ride. Our focus is C Bodies but all Mopars are welcome. You will find lots of tech support on this board and a pretty good peanut gallery too. Keep us up to speed on your progress.

Welcome to the forum! We like pics anyway we get 'em. Are you using an iPhone to take the pics? If you are, the volume buttons need to be down and to the left to get the proper orientation when uploading to the forum.

Back