From the rumor mill

Oh, a newbie.
Yes, new at the museum, but he's been with Chrysler at least 30 years, transferring out of Syracuse to Wisconsin and then to Michigan. Second generation Chrysler employee etc. He has a 70 Coronet 500 vert... Nice guy too. He's a good one for the museum.

Just spotted this on facebook:

It is my sad duty to announce that the Walter P Chrysler Museum will be permanently closed on December 18, 2016. At that time, the building will be re-purposed as office space. Additional details will follow.

That's good news on the museum....it is well worth a visit.

Isn't Chrysler Historical some separate?

Or are they together?

Dave

That's good news on the museum....it is well worth a visit.

Isn't Chrysler Historical some separate?

Or are they together?

Dave

They are separate entities and not in the same location. However, historical supports the museum with artifacts, vehicles, etc.

This is a bit of a shock.

walter p was a wounder in the automotive industry , vp at buick , took willisoverland in the red to black , then should i say were maxwell cars went .

well , walter p had the vision brother . not to count out his salary at willis was nearly 20 millions of bucks to save it , with that kind of funding and a failing maxwell , it was a song n dance . even if they know the dodge bros designed and built ford his motors , they came out of that smelling of roses with the stock options that ford gave them for the contacted work . do you think i've started a rebellion . lol .

Does this mean I just missed my last chance when I didn't make the CEMA show in June? Dammit Dammit!
It's not too late Mike, get your *** up here! I'm not kidding.

Turning that building into office space sounds like B.S. to me. That building is quite seperate from the rest of the complex. It's way out by the power house on a corner of the property. On the other hand FCA has office space in buildings all over town.
img_0890-copy-jpg.96276

Well it's not that far removed from the mothership but I don't see that place being filled with cubicles. Can't people work from home these days???

Well it's not that far removed from the mothership but I don't see that place being filled with cubicles. Can't people work from home these days???
The "work from home" thing sounds good until you actually do it. We tried it with a couple of our sales staff and the problem is there was too many other distractions for them to stay on task... or answer their phone... or email... or even get their job done. It takes more self discipline than most people have these days.

But that's another subject.

Does it really surprise anyone that this is happening? C'mon... This history means nothing to Fiat. BTW, Sergio was just at the museum a couple weeks ago. Bet he looked around and said "why are we doing this?".

I can't believe they can even find people to take up space. At Sergio's Chrysler, the biggest problem is either convincing talent to join, or stay. No joke.

Compensation for new hires is some of the worst in the industry, and we're only a couple months away from the next rumor about who he's begging to purchase the company. That obviously makes it harder to attract/retain people.

Back