Front end rebuild - complete.

Thanks Zac!!!

That's down the road stuff after I have all the other stuff fixed and have her painted.

No problem Bob! I've been drooling over their sway bars for years. Now that the bluemo is getting the big block soon, I believe I'll just have to get them, along with a suspension rebuild ofcoarse.. lol

LOL! I just might after I get that rear sway bar on. I just might start up a Mid-Atlantic NYB competition.

I'll come compete in the formal/clone class! lol

No problem Bob! I've been drooling over their sway bars for years. Now that the bluemo is getting the big block soon, I believe I'll just have to get them, along with a suspension rebuild ofcoarse.. lol

I'll come compete in the formal/clone class! lol

You're on! LOL!!!

:3gears:

$$ OUCH!! $$

adouxg.jpg

9jowhg.jpg

And you don't want to add up this $tuff!

70v19z.jpg

Plus the new shocks and the new stabilizer links already on there and I'm easily into this for over 500 bucks. OWWw...

Last edited:
I use to think I had a lot of patience. Rethinking that now. Wish I had read this thread before we started the front end rebuild. The kit I got for the Monaco was from PST. It didn't include the inner tie rod ends. Sooo, I ordered those. (Can relate to Stan on the shipping cost thing). Ok we drive for an hour, thinking we could get this done. But noooo. Inner tie rods are about 5 inches to long. Apparently both inner and outer are same size (about 4 inches) I'll be spending more money again but more frustrating is that a whole day is lost. "Get everything together first" is my new motto. So is "make sure it's the right part". <never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever need to know what an outer/inner tied rod end was> sigh

I have never done an entire A-Z front end teardown before. Only odds and ends here and there on mostly other cars. Mostly because I dreaded the herculean job itself. I want it done and I don't trust anybody down here so it's me or nobody. If I'm stuck doing it then I need for it to be as painless as possible and in my mind it's to get up every imaginable part and tool first and have them spread out on the workbench. I have way too much A.D.D. to also include chaos and stress into the equasion.

< Sent from my tablet >

The only COMPLETE rebuild I ever did was on my 97 conversion van, then traded it in a year later......sonofabitch:BangHead:

I completely rebuilt my 68 fury's front end last summer. We did upper/lower ball joints, upper lower control arm bushings, new inner outer tie rods, new pitman arm, new sway bar end links/new sway bar bushings. Also installed new torsion bar boots and grease everything. Total about a day and a half. I bought all parts. Brought upper and lower control arms to shop. They pressed in new bushings. We did everything else. Btw Stan, if you have your local shop do the press work you don't need the unobtainable miller/fsm special tool.

I use to think I had a lot of patience. Rethinking that now. Wish I had read this thread before we started the front end rebuild. The kit I got for the Monaco was from PST. It didn't include the inner tie rod ends. Sooo, I ordered those. (Can relate to Stan on the shipping cost thing). Ok we drive for an hour, thinking we could get this done. But noooo. Inner tie rods are about 5 inches to long. Apparently both inner and outer are same size (about 4 inches) I'll be spending more money again but more frustrating is that a whole day is lost. "Get everything together first" is my new motto. So is "make sure it's the right part". <never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever need to know what an outer/inner tied rod end was> sigh

[QUOTE="68plymouth383;79430" ] Brought upper and lower control arms to shop. They pressed in new bushings. We did everything else. Btw Stan, if you have your local shop do the press work you don't need the unobtainable miller/fsm special tool.

[/QUOTE]
I figured on that. :-\

< Sent from my tablet >

This is gonna take longer than I thought/hoped/expected/wished/dreamed/fantasized.
Not one bolt/nut has turned since the assembly line.
Just an hour and a half alone to remove the roll pins from the struts. Frozen solid and ruined two pin punches. Grrrrrrrr.....
Learned something yesterday. A 3' pipe and a 1/2" drive breaker bar with impact sockets are your best friend.

1zen3l.jpg

wb5oop.jpg

iv9vv4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't envy doing that job. I've done complete B-Body front ends and some work where needed on C-Body. The B Body is easier.

Back