Front end rebuild - complete.

Heard/read it discussed here a few times so I'd like to see that thread .. can you or someone shoot it too me?

Most of the story is told over at Moparfins.com. Look in the tech/drivetrain forum for Project Insanemission.

< Sent from my tablet >

This is kicking the crap out of me. And I even haven't got to removing the U & L control arms yet... :BangHead:

This literally has to be the worst job in the world. I'd rather pull an engine. Wish I hadn't started....

727ha8.jpg

4qkbkh.jpg

This is kicking the crap out of me. And I even haven't got to removing the U & L control arms yet... :BangHead:

This literally has to be the worst job in the world. I'd rather pull an engine. Wish I hadn't started....

I can imagine but you'll be happy when you are done

Ok, I just read about you putting a 4 speed in a NYB. This job should be a snap. Once you get it apart, it will be pretty easy to put together.

I dont believe it, you are much tougher than that

Last edited:
These Formals don't need any extra stiffening. Trust me. I swear they were originally designed to be Power Wagons.

Yes, Dave, I'm serious. This has to be be the most miserable job I've ever had to do. Right now my body is screaming for a morphine drip. Have to settle for naprosyn... Call me a pussy. I don't care right now.

< Sent from my tablet >

These Formals don't need any extra stiffening. Trust me. I swear they were originally designed to be Power Wagons.

Yes, Dave, I'm serious. This has to be be the most miserable job I've ever had to do. Right now my body is screaming for a morphine drip. Have to settle for naprosyn... Call me a pussy. I don't care right now.

Unless the C bodies are different than B's those LCA's could probably do with some stiffening since they are off or soon to be. But you aren't going to be running slaloms so who cares .. I get that.

and regarding the other comment ... I certainly ain't gonna go calling you no pussy .. no way .. no how ... I saw your website. I also know front end work is way tougher than almost anything except possibly blocking and sanding and bodywork in general.

Last edited:
Hey Talhair, have a look at the pic of Stans LCA and you can see it has a round ball joint in it, its a totally different animal to the earlier LCA's in our cars, the torsion bar being about the only similar thing.

I feel for you Stan, I'm sore just looking at that pile of parts!

Nobody will call you a pussy Stan, front ends are an extreme job.............

Everything is apart
Brought the U & L control arms to a machine shop. He will press out and install the U & L A-arm bushings and press out and install the lower ball joints. The upper ball joints are screw in.
I'm going to clean up the parts, frame and body around the front end and go over them with some Satin Black spray paint.

epp500.jpg

Dave,
RE: our discussion of the ball joints.
The Moog/Chinese uppers RockAuto sent me were wrong (too small)
I went to Advance and got them. They were Moog/USA and they fit. Now I got an expensive socket I don't need. Grrrrrrr...
Git whatya pay fer, huh?

I just sprayed coffee all over the damn screen when I viewed the "more" continuation of the article! LOL!!!

That's definitively gonna get Stan "the teenager at heart" to the 5 am Happy Hour!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just wait until Stan reads it! I definitely wasn't expecting that.....

Back