Front end rebuild - complete.

I'm not....

I would be motivated if I had that beautiful garage that you have Stan.

I am so lucky to have access to the Auto Shop at the Proving Ground.....

But it has very limited access...

Thursday and Friday 1 pm to 9 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 5 pm. They start clean up and turning tools back in about 45 minutes prior to close.

That something to ***** about.....LOL! :head_smack:

I just have to plan to finish my work before the shop closes or coordinate for one of my friends to come on post and give me a ride home and then back on post the next day. For the most part, I always finish the same day.

I rarely finish work the same day and end up adding some more work to the original schedule; nothing for me. :)

I think this is the complete list. Anything missing?

1. Strut Rod Bushing Kit. (1)

2. Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve (2)
3. Tie Rod End - Outer (2)
4. Tie Rod End - Inner (2)

5. Control Arm Bumper - Upper (2)
6. Control Arm Bumper - Lower (2)

7. Ball Joint - Upper (2)
8. Ball Joint - Lower (2)

9. Stabilizer Bar Bushing - Pr. (1)
10. Stabilizer Bar End Link - Left - (2)
11. Stabilizer Bar End Link - Right (2)

12. Brake Line, Flexible - Front (2)

13. Control Arm Bushings - Pr. - Upper (2)
12. Control Arm Bushing - Lower (2)

13. Idler Arm (1)
14. Pitman Arm (1)

15. Shocks - Pr. (1)
16. Torsion Bar Seals & Clips - Pr. (1)

17. Torsion Bar Tool (1)

Check twice - Order once

Last edited:
I know I'm missing something. I always remember it after placing the order.

ME: Hello. I just placed a huge freaking order online that qualified for free shipping and I want to add a $3 item. Can I add it to the order?
THEM: Sorry sir. That order is already been placed in the system. Would like like to order that part?
ME: Yes, please.
THEM: That part is indeed in stock at $3.00 and with shipping comes to $21.75 total.
ME: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Unfortunately.......I think that is a standard marketing answer. Everything I order online seems to be pulled, boxed, and shipped in 20 seconds yet it takes forever to get it.

Stan, if you dont mind me asking.. Where are you getting the strut rod bushing kit? I havnt really come across any for formals. I know firm feel has em, but... $$$$$. Also the same for the torsion bar seals and clips kit. Same place? My front emd needs to be gone through as well here soon..

I just recently ordered a 12.5 oz rattle can of PB3 touch up paint. They had a box to click on if you want single stage paint. Of course I clicked on it. I went about my business and checked my email 4 hours later and noticed that my confirmation order said basecoat paint. I called them immediately and of course they said the paint was mixed and in the can and shipped already. They said that it was my fault for not calling them sooner. Then they had the balls to ask me if I wanted to purchase a can of PB3 in single stage for $35. I told them that I wouldn't be ordering anything else from them...........ever. So I ended up buying a can of clear coat from AAP.

That's always in the First Aid Box. You know, the big one in the kitchen...
Time release lock though. Doesn't open until 5:00 PM.

Stan, if you dont mind me asking.. Where are you getting the strut rod bushing kit? I havnt really come across any for formals.
I had a problem finding them, too.

1zpnvyu.jpg

The T-bar kit from eBay.

Last edited:
I think this is the complete list. Anything missing?

1. Strut Rod Bushing Kit. (1)

2. Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve (2)
3. Tie Rod End - Outer (2)
4. Tie Rod End - Inner (2)

5. Control Arm Bumper - Upper (2)
6. Control Arm Bumper - Lower (2)

7. Ball Joint - Upper (2)
8. Ball Joint - Lower (2)

9. Stabilizer Bar Bushing - Pr. (1)
10. Stabilizer Bar End Link - Left - (2)
11. Stabilizer Bar End Link - Right (2)

12. Strut Bar Bushing (1)

13. Control Arm Bushings - Pr. - Upper (2)
12. Control Arm Bushing - Lower (2)

13. Idler Arm (1)
14. Pitman Arm (1)

15. Shocks - Pr. (1)
16. Torsion Bar Seals & Clips - Pr. (1)

17. Torsion Bar Tool (1)

Check twice - Order once

cotter pins! Grease ! And...... Patience !!!!!

REVISION 1.0:

Delete:
12. Strut Bar Bushing (1) (Duplicate)

Add:
12. Brake Line - Front (2)

cotter pins! Grease ! And...... Patience !!!!!
Cotter pins: Got
Grease: Got
Patience: No Got.

Thank you Stan!!!

FWIW: I just ordered them from J.C. Whitney (of all places) because of free shipping and 10% off coupon.

Last edited:
Commando,

I am midway thru my suspension rebuild. I have all the front suspension pieces off the car. It is not really that bad. Popping the joints between the part was the hardest part. I bought a special puller from sears to take care of those. I also had to buy a special socket to take the ball joints out of the upper a-arms.

I have most of the parts cleaned and will be soon painting them. I plan on upgrading the torsion bars. Be sure to take the torsion off the lower control arm before trying to pull the bolts out of the spindle/brakes.

It was thrilling to see the original paint inspection marks on the spindles and tie rods. They have been coated in oil/dirt/gunk since I got the car in 1988.

Good Luck

Commando,

I am midway thru my suspension rebuild. I have all the front suspension pieces off the car. It is not really that bad. Popping the joints between the part was the hardest part. I bought a special puller from sears to take care of those. I also had to buy a special socket to take the ball joints out of the upper a-arms.

I have most of the parts cleaned and will be soon painting them. I plan on upgrading the torsion bars. Be sure to take the torsion off the lower control arm before trying to pull the bolts out of the spindle/brakes.

It was thrilling to see the original paint inspection marks on the spindles and tie rods. They have been coated in oil/dirt/gunk since I got the car in 1988.

Good Luck
Thanks for instilling a little more confidence in me.
I just received the torsion bar tool. I figured afterwards I can resell it on ebay.
I had been thinking about the two tools you mentioned and you've convinced me to do it.

Could you give me more info about the tool & socket?

Thanks!!

Back