FSM opions

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm looking at buying an FSM.

I've seen numerous ones posted on Ebay for sale. Some are cd's some are printed. Years ago I bought one from Faxon ( I believe was the name). It turned out to be a photocopy, but it had all of the information and bailed my but out big time as 20 year that had only ever changed the oil in a car a couple of times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230818321244

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130741230134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anyone have any experience with these. My concern is their readability. I bought a shop manual for motorcycle and it's a photocopy which makes some of the pictures real hard to see the details in.

Any recommendations on where to get one if I should stay away from these?

Thanks

Originals can be a little more pricey then copy's or CD's, but I always prefer them. Most can be found without much trouble, and an original will keep it's value if kept nice. I will run a copy of the pages I need and avoid greasy finger prints in the FSM.

Guys,
Thanks for your opinions. I ended up getting the reproduction hard copy. I was working on our van the other night (which I have a digital manual for). Going in the house to look something up just kept taking up to much time and I'd get hung by the kids wanting something. So I went with a hard copy that will allow me to stay in the garage.

I called and talked to the guy for the one that I posted the link to. He seemed like a good guy to deal with so I bought it. It came today and is of really good quality. The text and pictures are very clear.

Good choice. I've got a couple on cd and I have a laptop out in shop for them and looking for part prices etc. Keeping the computer clean is harder than the manual. But to me nothing beats a paper copy. As far as getting it dirty? I try my best to keep them clean but if they get dirty, wear it a badge of honor.

Back