fuel pump rod

frankiln

Reaction score
my motor was recently rebuilt, stock rebuild. I was wondering what rod for fuel pump to use . i would like to use stock , but not sure where to get one. any help would be appreciated.

What's wrong with your old one?

If it measures to spec for length, use it again. The new ones are hit and miss, mostly miss for quality.

A buddy of mine has had 2 fail in 1500 miles. He just ordered a 3rd from Hughes who insists has the only one that won't fail but he'll tell you that about everything he sells

Kevin

I have to look in my old parts the sent me back. Also it was locked up it , may have been no good.

I have to look in my old parts the sent me back. Also it was locked up it , may have been no good.

As suggested above, I ordered a push rod from 440 Source. Here is a picture of my original worn out rod next to an un-worn push rod. When the 440 engine in my '66 300 was rebuilt, we used the original push rod which appeared to be in good shape. I think the new cam and the original push rod were not compatible - which I think is why it wore out so quickly.

1697020941344.png

I’ve heard good things about the ones from Hughes so I’m running them in 2 cars now. So far so good.

Remember to treat the the push rod as a lifter, lube well with lifter break in lube. May not play well with old cam. My wagon ate two, it now has an electric pump back by tank.

Remember to treat the the push rod as a lifter, lube well with lifter break in lube. May not play well with old cam. My wagon ate two, it now has an electric pump back by tank.
The manufacturers don't heat treat the pump pushrods as hard as the cam. It's better that the pump pushrod wears instead of the cam lobe.

my motor was recently rebuilt, stock rebuild. I was wondering what rod for fuel pump to use . i would like to use stock , but not sure where to get one. any help would be appreciated.
all big block fuel pumo roda r the same & unless the motr was run in a over heated condition replacing the fuel pump rod may no be needed i know for experance , i have gone through a short fuel pump rod do to the car being run in a over heated state before i got it . but i got my rod from a freind that runs a Mopar resteration yard

clays card (2).jpg

Back