Fuel pump.

carguy300

Reaction score
I got a new push rod for fuel pump, im not sure how to get the old one out. Its probably simple, im just not sure. My service manual says nothing about that. Help please.

Unbolt the pump, they usually fall out. Grease them up when installing the new one to keep it in place until you get the pump back in place.

There’s a 1/4”? Allen screw plug right under the fuel pump. Remove the fuel pump, remove the plug and the old push rod should fall out. Use so cam lube Or good lithium grease on the new one. It will hold it to the lobe when you re install the plug and pump. Assuming big block here. Don’t recall if small block is different

Got the pump off, timing cover still off, I can see the pushrod, did find that plug. I was thinking that should come out there. Thanks guys.

There’s a 1/4”? Allen screw plug right under the fuel pump. Remove the fuel pump, remove the plug and the old push rod should fall out. Use so cam lube Or good lithium grease on the new one. It will hold it to the lobe when you re install the plug and pump. Assuming big block here. Don’t recall if small block is different
Small block has a long arm and doesn't use a pushrod. I forgot about that allen plug.

A picture for reference.
IMG_7614.jpeg

Small block has a long arm and doesn't use a pushrod. I forgot about that allen plug.
Obviously you spend too much time with those A body guys... :poke:

We need to find you a nice New Yorker or something...

Got the pump off, timing cover still off, I can see the pushrod, did find that plug. I was thinking that should come out there. Thanks guys.
It will come out there... If it doesn't just fall out, you can stick a magnet up the hole to coax it out.

1699113605663.png

Obviously you spend too much time with those A body guys... :poke:

We need to find you a nice New Yorker or something...
I had a 66 New Yorker back in the day. Comfortable room for 6. 4 doors, no waiting.

Nice pics, thats where Im with mine now. Plug out new rod and pump ready to install. !!

Back