fuel tank grommet

66furywagon

Reaction score
New replacement gas tank filler neck grommet
  • Fits 1966-1978 C body cars (not station wagons)
  • Replaces the seal from the tank to the filler neck (almost always dried out and leaking) $20.00 shipped each 1
    this is a mopar part not after market

Picture 580.jpg

Picture 581.jpg

Picture 582.jpg

Picture 583.jpg

AHHHH yeah. Lookz like ah grommet to me. Somewhat used and ah little abused. Assuming you're looking for a new one try Year One. And we're thinking it iz ah C-body rite? It shouldn't make any difference with that grommet tho' 'cuz E, B, C, bodyz should all be the same. Just make sure you're talking to some one down there that can find their a$$ with both handz at the same time. They been hiring ah few no-nothin's the last couple yearz, Jer

Hey all,
I need to replace my 1975 chrysler newport fuel neck filler grommet... I already have the right grommet but how on earth do I get the neck out... Do I have to take the bumper off? The neck is loose but can't get the neck go through the hole...
Can't find the answers on internet, probably looking in the wrong places...
Thx in advance

Funny, that looks the exact same as what's in my 66-300, and It's for a 68 Dart, So, what's the point?

Thx for your very helpfull answer... NOT
I think what you fail to realize is that Mopar used a lot of interchange parts between all models of cars. If you can't understand that, then your welcome for the education!

I think the point was that I asked for "help" with my 75 chrysler and you didn't help me. No, instead you gave a pretty useless answer. But no hard feelings... it's probably not your fault....

I think the point was that I asked for "help" with my 75 chrysler and you didn't help me. No, instead you gave a pretty useless answer. But no hard feelings... it's probably not your fault....
You have to drop the tank to remove the filler tube and replace the grommet.

How did I not help you? They're all interchangeable. How is that useless info? Do you think that little rubber washer between your sending unit and gas tank are model specific? If you can't see that, that's your problem, not mine! No fault on my part here, just tryin to help. Good Luck

I know they are interchangeable... i have the part I need. I just wanted advice on how to remove the neck/fillertube. And that part of the question you didn't answer...
Maybe re-read my post, I'm not the one who posted the pictures. I just used this topic to ask a question about the grommet.
Again, thx to commando1 for answering the question

BTW the grommet part number is 4002010 (the OP’s price shipped is less than list price, so it’s a good deal). I just bought four at the dealer. It is NOT identical to early C and B bodies. I have no knowledge about if it would work on those but I suspect that it would, although it would be obviously wrong if anybody cared to look. It is absolutely correct for formals; it is the original part number.

Last edited:
Hi, I recently had to do this on my 68 300. Looks like the same part. On that model, the filler neck is accessible through the license plate and the grommet and filler neck fuse over time. It was difficult to pull out, but with some WD40 and a lot of wiggling back and forth, it did pull straight out the back after removing the clamp that holds the filler neck to the body of the car. I'm not familiar with the layout of your model and whether the filler neck is accessible through the license plate at the back or not. Hope that helps a little.

Thx. It is indeed accessible through the license plate but I still had to lower the tank to be able to remove the neck...
I got the job done. Me happy now:lol:

Back