Fuel tank sending unit.

carguy300

Reaction score
Can someone give me a heads up as to where I can get a decent sending unit and the tool to remove it for my 68 300. This my next issue, ive got to remove my tank and have it cleaned or replace it.

I believe the wrenches and seals can be purchased by the same people who sell the new tanks? Spectra Premium might be a good place to start. Then put their part number into Google to see if anybody else might have it.

CBODY67

Im not sure if I will replace my tank or not. I found a place in houston that will split my tank, clean reseal and recoat for about $600 but nearly 6 week wait. Mine is pretty rust pitted inside. I have read sometimes after markets dont always fit right,

Gas Tank Renew. Used to be about $500.00 10 years ago. Good reviews from people I know who used them. Came back looking like new OEM tanks.

If you really want to save some money, look up the price for a '69 B-body tank (with the rear fill location). From another poster in here, can use the existing C-body straps and filler neck. Just less total capacity (like 19 gallons vs 24 gallons). Quite interesting how close the two tanks are in size, plus the price difference.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I believe that is who I contacted. The shipping is another concern unless I just drive down and hand deliver it! Not all that far from where I live. Im trying to keep everything as original as I can with this car.

Save the original gas tank ring the new ones are to thin and will not seal right.

Back