Fury GT 440-6 found on Facebook (not for sale)

sauterd

Reaction score
six1.jpg
six2.jpg
six3.jpg
six4.jpg
six5.jpg
six6.jpg
six7.jpg
six8.jpg
six10.jpg
six11.jpg

That's a real beauty!

Still a very nice car.

Did the original cars have any 6bbl designation on it?

Agree, but no matter the level of details, the obvious takes away from it all. I still wouldn't kick it out of my driveway...

Interesting car, what does the VIN say about engine size?
The hood 440 badges don't look right, they look more like Coronet badges.
Hood pins on a Fury - really!
Where are the fancy GT exhaust tips?
One of my pet peeves, people who misrepresent what they have for personal gain and this car looks like a perfect example. Just like the joker on eBay right now who is flogging a '70 Ply convertible Sport Fury S-27. Give me a break.

Formal roof, I don't think it was originally a 440 car, and no, definitely not a true GT, all GT cars had the coupe roof.

Interesting car, what does the VIN say about engine size?
The hood 440 badges don't look right, they look more like Coronet badges.
Hood pins on a Fury - really!
Where are the fancy GT exhaust tips?
One of my pet peeves, people who misrepresent what they have for personal gain and this car looks like a perfect example. Just like the joker on eBay right now who is flogging a '70 Ply convertible Sport Fury S-27. Give me a break.

Its not the owner who is stating its a 440+6 car is it someone who stumbled upon the pics on the internet and reposted the pics. No different than someone reposting the pics of your car and saying its a Sport Fury Convertible. Most people just don't know the differences.

I had a Sport Fury GT clone too, sometimes I would get some know it all come up to me and say my car was a fake. Depending on my mood I would either agree or have some fun with the guy. I kind of regret selling it now as it was a cool driver., but sometimes you can't keep them all.
Dave
70sf7b.jpg

Its not the owner who is stating its a 440+6 car is it someone who stumbled upon the pics on the internet and reposted the pics. No different than someone reposting the pics of your car and saying its a Sport Fury Convertible. Most people just don't know the differences.

I had a Sport Fury GT clone too, sometimes I would get some know it all come up to me and say my car was a fake. Depending on my mood I would either agree or have some fun with the guy. I kind of regret selling it now as it was a cool driver., but sometimes you can't keep them all.
DaveView attachment 76229
actually, in case it matters, this is far back as I could trace it, to this guy's FB album (?) he even mentions production numbers (?)
Jihad Nasserdine | Facebook

I think its originally a 383 car, I have seen it around a few times. There is actually another car like it that appeared in MCG a few years back that is also local. Neither guy said there cars were original GT's. I never understood why people need to rain on the parade of others. Its a pretty cool car the way it is and the owner chose to do it his own way. Not everything is going to be exactly to our own personal preferences.

Dave

actually, in case it matters, this is far back as I could trace it, to this guy's FB album (?) he even mentions production numbers (?)
Jihad Nasserdine | Facebook

I know what it says but he is not the owner...look at his other albums...do you think he owns all those cars? I am just letting you know that the person who posted up the pics on Facebook isn't the owner.

Dave

Back