Fury GT 440-6 found on Facebook (not for sale)

I know what it says but he is not the owner...look at his other albums...do you think he owns all those cars? I am just letting you know that the person who posted up the pics on Facebook isn't the owner.

Dave
ok, ok, sorry, i won't share stuff i find in the future due to the risk of getting a detail wrong, Geez. when i see stuff I just post it (but never intend to confuse or mislead) thinking maybe someone may find it of interest. I don't take the time (or wan to) to check every little detail out. I figure if the person is interested, he/she will find out for themselves.

No different than someone reposting the pics of your car and saying its a Sport Fury Convertible. Most people just don't know the differences.
That's the reason why I refused to put any Sport Fury badges on my car, it's a Fury III period. I do have a Sport Fury grill, but I also have a NOS Fury III grill sitting on the shelf. Anyone looking at my car will see the badges and know without a doubt, its a Fury III.

I know what it says but he is not the owner...look at his other albums...do you think he owns all those cars? I am just letting you know that the person who posted up the pics on Facebook isn't the owner.

Dave
for the record, I don't recall ever saying I was the owner....

ok, ok, sorry, i won't share stuff i find in the future due to the risk of getting a detail wrong, Geez. when i see stuff I just post it (but never intend to confuse or mislead) thinking maybe someone may find it of interest. I don't take the time (or wan to) to check every little detail out. I figure if the person is interested, he/she will find out for themselves.

I am not sure how I offended you but I was just trying to fill you in about the car.
A). because it is local and I have seen it a few times in person.
B). because I really like Sport Fury's and I thought I was sharing some knowledge.

Dave

I am not sure how I offended you but I was just trying to fill you in about the car.
A). because it is local and I have seen it a few times in person.
B). because I really like Sport Fury's and I thought I was sharing some knowledge.

Dave
ok, well I apologize then, just seemed like i needed to know everything about the car to post the photos. thanks for the info and have a great weekend, Dale

Don't sweat it, none of our comments reflect on you, it's the guy promoting automotive fiction that gets our (my) goat. I looked at his facebook page and it's pretty obvious he is trying to promote a car that is just not right. Lipstick on a pig comes to mind. Carry on posting what you come across, we (I) enjoy the discussion! :p

Don't sweat it, none of our comments reflect on you, it's the guy promoting automotive fiction that gets our (my) goat. I looked at his facebook page and it's pretty obvious he is trying to promote a car that is just not right. Lipstick on a pig comes to mind. Carry on posting what you come across, we (I) enjoy the discussion! :p
ok, thanks, I appreciate it and really am glad you guys are here so can learn more about C bodies, and very nice convertible, love that look !

That's the reason why I refused to put any Sport Fury badges on my car, it's a Fury III period. I do have a Sport Fury grill, but I also have a NOS Fury III grill sitting on the shelf. Anyone looking at my car will see the badges and know without a doubt, its a Fury III.

Yes but my point is a good percentage of people don't know the differences in trim levels. If you posted the pics on the internet without the context or an incorrect context most people would not know. For the record I think your car looks way better with the Sport Fury grille...I have no idea why Plymouth discontinued that option for 1970...could you imagine a 440+6 Convertible...how cool would that be???

I've been into these cars for years and I am still learning stuff specific to model, year. trim level, options etc...

Dave

Yes but my point is a good percentage of people don't know the differences in trim levels. If you posted the pics on the internet without the context or an incorrect context most people would not know. For the record I think your car looks way better with the Sport Fury grille...I have no idea why Plymouth discontinued that option for 1970...could you imagine a 440+6 Convertible...how cool would that be???

I've been into these cars for years and I am still learning stuff specific to model, year. trim level, options etc...

Dave
Keep up the good work of spreading the knowledge, Dave

For the record I think your car looks way better with the Sport Fury grille...I have no idea why Plymouth discontinued that option for 1970...could you imagine a 440+6 Convertible...how cool would that be???
Back in Sept 1969 when I ordered the Fury, I tried to get a hidden headlight grill and was told there was no way. But, I was given a quote for a hemi. For some strange reason Sport Fury's could have any engine except a hemi, while Fury III's could have any engine except a 440 HP or a 440 6-pac. I was quoted $440 for a 440 350hp and $865 for a hemi. The 440 had a 5yr 50k mile warranty and the hemi was 12 months or 12,000 miles. My wife and I chickened out and bought the 440. One of the many stupid decisions I've made in my life!
So instead of imagining a 440+6 Convertible..., try a Hemi Convertible. :)

Keep up the good work of spreading the knowledge, Dave

I come on here to learn things...its one of my favourite stops on the internet. Sometimes if I can share something I do.

Again I am not sure how I offended anybody on this thread...that was not my intent.

Dave

I come on here to learn things...its one of my favourite stops on the internet. Sometimes if I can share something I do.

Again I am not sure how I offended anybody on this thread...that was not my intent.

Dave
not a problem Dave, I just (somehow) took it the wrong way, no worries at all and sorry.. Dale

Back in Sept 1969 when I ordered the Fury, I tried to get a hidden headlight grill and was told there was no way. But, I was given a quote for a hemi. For some strange reason Sport Fury's could have any engine except a hemi, while Fury III's could have any engine except a 440 HP or a 440 6-pac. I was quoted $440 for a 440 350hp and $865 for a hemi. The 440 had a 5yr 50k mile warranty and the hemi was 12 months or 12,000 miles. My wife and I chickened out and bought the 440. One of the many stupid decisions I've made in my life!
So instead of imagining a 440+6 Convertible..., try a Hemi Convertible. :)

Wow that is pretty interesting. I don't know how they would have quoted you on the Hemi as it wasn't available on the Fury line. I am thinking you would have got a phone call to come back to the dealership to revise your order as it would have been rejected at some point.

However that would be even cooler if you could have somehow special ordered a 1970 Sport Fury GT Convertible with a 426 HEMI.
That would have to be the ultimate C-body...well at least from where I am standing.

Dave

However that would be even cooler if you could have somehow special ordered a 1970 Sport Fury GT Convertible with a 426 HEMI.
That would have to be the ultimate C-body...well at least from where I am standing.
Just recently a member of this forum was looking at a Fury and was wondering if he should buy it. One of the pictures he had was the door VIN sticker.
thumbnail_WP_20160323_17_43_43_Pro-mod.jpg

Guess what, PM27 is a convertible and R is a Hemi. I told him to buy it and hide it. :)

Just recently a member of this forum was looking at a Fury and was wondering if he should buy it. One of the pictures he had was the door VIN sticker.
View attachment 76231

Guess what, PM27 is a convertible and R is a Hemi. I told him to buy it and hide it. :)
wow, so any idea if it'll be confirmed as such? just curious

View attachment 76231

I think that would be proven to be a typo, would like to see the fender tag, and VIN. Could you imagine all the engineering that would have to go into that, suspension, kframe, motor mounts, exhaust, linkages, kickdowns, etc...lots of one of parts would have to be made.

Dave

I should add he also quoted a console mounted Tack and a rear fender radio antenna. He wrote the order but the factory nixed the tach and said I could have the antenna anywhere I wanted as long as it was the right front fender. :confused:
In the end I won, I have a nice console mounted tach and welded up fender antenna hole. I bought one of those $20 hidden antennas from eBay and it works great around the city. On the highway I use CD.
I've often wondered what would have happened if he had written the order to include the Hemi. :confused:

Back