Fury named Sherman

I think the wife got the bridesmaid to snap the picture, that's the way I read it anyway.

Oh, got it.I didnt read it that way but it makes sense now......never mind.....cover her up...!!

Ya, that's the wife and she loves driving swing from the tree too. I had been gone for a month, she had a blast and never looked back to wanting an automatic again ;) She told me that Guys would be in awe that she was driving this old of car and would ask her questions on what she had restored on it.

That is a sweet ride. I like some of the low optioned, bare ones cars. Grass roots type ****. Awesome car!

good looking lady as well!

Got 3 out for brakes done, my little girl helped put the hub back on the spindle.
DSCF0192.jpgDSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

Awesome photo. I have many memories like that working on cars with my pops.

I finished the brakes Woot.
I wish me and my buddy weren't wrist deep in grease otherwise I could have had a few pictures of the Daugther sitting deeper in the wheel well then me, or one of her sitting on my lap as I was working.
Funny thing is, she was more interested in this then the animals at a petting zoo at a farm.(she kept trying to lookand climb on the trackors and other farm equipment.
DSCF0195.jpg
DSCF0197.jpg
DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

Last edited:
Got the 2bbl intake on yesterday! With only one hiccup, a broken stud the second last one to be torqued :S. I had to pull it, I was lucky as it broke off flush with the washer. I was able to get it out with a set of vice grips, whoo!

I'm waiting for my Uncle to get back to me with the carb.

I'm so pumped!

Here is what it looked like before;
ICAM0001.jpg
ICAM0005.jpg
ICAM0008.jpg
DSCF6378.JPG
Sorry guys no pic of the dismantling:(

I'll get some of the end result thou ;)

ICAM0001.jpg

ICAM0005.jpg

ICAM0008.jpg

DSCF6378.JPG

Last edited:
At the moment it's going a Carter BBD 2bbl stock 318 v8, that they poped onto the /6 to make a Super Six.

What I want to put on is the Holley 2300 350 cfm, as I would like better prefomance but not the town drunk ;)
http://www.holley.com/0-7448.asp

I know I'll still see you guys pass me in the windsheild and not the rear veiw, but If I can get better economy I'm happy :)
This will happen when the Money Fairies have a visit.

I had a 68 Fury I 4 dr sedan with the 225. Great car that I still miss...Enjoy that one, not many left.

I had a slant six with 3 on the tree in a new 1977 Dodge pickup. 20 mpg IIRC.

Here is where I'm at with the intake switch
P1050080.jpg

Here is the mods
P1050077.jpg
The tach and a manual Choke ( cheapie for now) by the ignition.
P1050078.jpg
The clock and Radio(not plugged in) The clock doesn't work. The radio might work I haven't checked but the needle slides when buttons pressed. The Daughter loves it. Going to be getting a Radio from Retro Sound with the push buttons to keep the look.
P1050080.jpgintake swap

And a close up of the linched Cat
P1050082.jpg

P1050080.jpg

P1050077.jpg

P1050082.jpg

P1050078.jpg

Your dash looks really clean! I love Holley 2300 carbs. I run a 500 CFM one on my small blocks. Throttle response of two barrel carbs is amazing.

Thanks, I cleaned up the gauge and the radio bezel with chrome spray paint, silver and black model pen paints.
Other then that I haven't touch the dash for paint.

I notice in some of the pics I got a tach wire to hide :eusa_whistle:

Back