Furyous

Is there a quarter mile in your future?
The PGs that I have personally been around all had higher stall converters to get the engine up in it's powerband right away. The guy I race with now has a Monte Carlo with a 468, a PG, 4.30 gears, 31" tires, and he just bought what was supposed to be a 5k stall by the builder. Id think his car is a couple hundred pounds heavier than yours, but my point is, you can hear it flash to its limit and just shifts once.
If you have some stall, that would be a good plan, and, with a 3.55 you could go quarters as well.
The weight is surprising for sure.
Good work Bob, thanks for posting this stuff!

Why the low rpm limit? Engine should breathe to 6k I would think?
That's a nice weight Bob I hope my car is that low.
I have made some progress on my car. Hopefully, make some passes by September, in primer so no beauty queen.
Dave/Dana with the carb shop said he went 11.18 with the cam I am using in a 3400# car. If I got within 3/10 of that I would be more than pleased.
Still sorting out the chassis. The last two passes it went straight & smooth so now to find some power. Yea the weight is surprising. And it can get even lighter.

I like hanging around hearing you guys spend money... except Dave... I have mental image of him fabricating the entire car out of metal that found its way home with him... maybe a coil that was just 6 feet short now and then. :rolleyes:

The PGs that I have personally been around all had higher stall converters to get the engine up in it's powerband right away. The guy I race with now has a Monte Carlo with a 468, a PG, 4.30 gears, 31" tires, and he just bought what was supposed to be a 5k stall by the builder. Id think his car is a couple hundred pounds heavier than yours, but my point is, you can hear it flash to its limit and just shifts once.
If you have some stall, that would be a good plan, and, with a 3.55 you could go quarters as well.
Only one track that’s close by & they rarely have quarter mile races for bracket cars. When they do the car count is poor. Everyone is set up for eighth mile. As for the converter I think it’s a high stall. I need to flash test it.

The PG trans are geared different. I wouldn’t be able to run a gear like your friend & shift the 727 just once. 3:55 might do the trick

757A57EF-955A-4D63-89D0-3FD1C1C31F96.jpeg
37E0F101-02C5-46B2-AFC2-AF2A7AF2A51E.jpeg
It has a tall 2 inch phenolic spacer under the carb. I think I’ll remove that & install a neat shield & run it to see how it does before I do the Performer RPM swap.

020BBC43-94D2-455B-BA90-E32A2CEAC959.jpeg
FURYIOUS in the staging lanes Sunday at Piedmont Dragway. The red Camaro behind me had a 8-71 blower with dual Holleys. Sounds nice. He was sorting out some tuning as well

The PG trans are geared different. I wouldn’t be able to run a gear like your friend & shift the 727 just once. 3:55 might do the trick

Yea got ya, I guess I was just getting at the converter does the magic even with a high first gear or final drive ratio.

Finding that sweet spot for your combo to cross the stripe at the top of second will be trick,

On my car, with the 3.54 and 26 tires I was about 6500 rpms at thetop of third at the stripe, and just shifted to fourth to slow it down.
I havent been back out to the 1/8, but now added a shift, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Glad to see you are getting runs in, that's the fun part!

I like hanging around hearing you guys spend money... except Dave... I have mental image of him fabricating the entire car out of metal that found its way home with him... maybe a coil that was just 6 feet short now and then. :rolleyes:
LOL I thought Dave was talented until one day he posted about shortening his driveshaft at home. Now I know he is.

Yea got ya, I guess I was just getting at the converter does the magic even with a high first gear or final drive ratio.

Finding that sweet spot for your combo to cross the stripe at the top of second will be trick,

On my car, with the 3.54 and 26 tires I was about 6500 rpms at thetop of third at the stripe, and just shifted to fourth to slow it down.
I havent been back out to the 1/8, but now added a shift, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Glad to see you are getting runs in, that's the fun part!
I remember years ago. Maybe 10 or 12 reading on Moparts a guy was trying this same experiment with his car. He had posted about running a low first gear set to help it out of the hole.

LOL I thought Dave was talented until one day he posted about shortening his driveshaft at home. Now I know he is.
Thank you. That driveshaft is still in there been over 100 a few times, and did not fly out and hit spectators at Buckeye lake cruise at the Mopar Nationals last year. My confidence is growing in my welding:poke:

Thank you. That driveshaft is still in there been over 100 a few times, and did not fly out and hit spectators at Buckeye lake cruise at the Mopar Nationals last year. My confidence is growing in my welding:poke:
I'm thinking in the right market, a driveshaft and differential shop would be quite lucrative.
Maybe even put a watering hole up front.
Dave's Differentials Driveshafts and Drinks.

C58F771E-5337-4662-AA8C-4C23690F720A.jpeg
Well I installed the Performer RPM intake & the car runs ragged. Rev it up & it’s missing & popping. I was told the heads in the car had been cut significantly but he didn’t know for sure how much. The flange on the RPM intake is 1/16th thicker than the Torker I took off. Neither has a China wall. So I’m wondering if I need to have the RPM intake cut 1/16th

Did you have trouble getting the bolts to line up?
If not then probably cut enough on the head side of intake.
My 906 heads are cut to allow the use of a paper gasket on each side of the valley pan.

Did you have trouble getting the bolts to line up?
If not then probably cut enough on the head side of intake.
My 906 heads are cut to allow the use of a paper gasket on each side of the valley pan.
I had trouble with one bolt but it was because I used a paper gasket & it slipped. Maybe I can take the paper gasket out & just use silicone ?

It will be a little work, but I would take it back off and remove the gasket, then set it back on and see what kind of gap there is. You should be able to tell if it's flat or if the heads were milled on a angle. May have to use a feeler gauge the check the gap. Depending on how much would dictate which gasket to use, paper, silicone.

It will be a little work, but I would take it back off and remove the gasket, then set it back on and see what kind of gap there is. You should be able to tell if it's flat or if the heads were milled on a angle. May have to use a feeler gauge the check the gap. Depending on how much would dictate which gasket to use, paper, silicone.
Gotcha. I think I’ll do just that. The Torker was siliconed on

643E9327-53D4-401D-911B-7CDE0EAE9656.jpeg
2BD7B3C4-5719-4F22-B108-C5D4AE00A088.jpeg
960EE15D-C99F-4E33-9CE6-3135DA4635DD.jpeg
Well after 3 attempts on the Eddy Performer RPM I reinstalled the original Torker. I didn’t put the tall 2 inch spacer back on. Just the carb. It still runs ragged & won’t idle. So I’m at a loss. Sure seems like a vacuum leak but I know I’ve sealed it up correctly. I even tried a different coil. Car starts right up fine just misses & runs rough. Here are pics of the bottom of the intake & the new valley pan with sealer.

Back