Fusie 4 door hardtop window question

BLIMP

Reaction score
I've got air leaking in around the left front (driver's) window on the front edge where it rides in the vertical metal channel (backside of the frame that encompasses the vent window).

What would be the proper term for that insulation?

Cat whiskers?
Window channel?
Felt/fuzzies?
Weatherstrip?

And has anyone replaced it?

I found that as a vent window frame weather strip.

I´ve not replaced it, but when you order it, make sure to get the right part, if you can find any. The front side window has a recession on the upper front corner (clearly visible when the window is lowered), which seals against that weather strip.

Again eBay might be the best friend because reproduction is not filling this need.

When new, the black "fuzz" seemed to minimize air "noise" there. With time and age, that fuzz goes away with use. I moves with the glass. I believe there are two dowels which hold it to the glass? There might be an illustration in one of the online parts books or FSM at www.mymopar.com . It might be possible to replace that front channel piece with some of the later fuzz-covered rubber window channel as GM used in their '80s pickup trucks? Just a thought. But it would need to be retained in the channel and not move with the glass, as the original item does.

Usually, though, the amount of wind leaks there is not very much, unless you've got one of the outside vents open (or outside air in the a/c) to pressurize the interior somewhat.

In any event, I suspect that to replace that part will require the removal of the door window to do it. Hence the rubber cap at the top of the channel.

Most of the terms you mention above are for the horizontal bottom-of-the-window glass seals. The window channel is what the glass goes up an down in.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Ok it appears the strip of insulation that I need is reffered to as a "Run".

And for whatever reason, the parts book calls it out and provides a # in the schematic for an A body...
20190121_095502.jpg

But not in the exploded view for an Imperial?
20190121_095408.jpg

Back