Giving New Life To An LL1 Dark Turquoise 1967 Plymouth VIP, A True Garage Find.....

What an incredible car - love everything about it from the black vinyl sport roof, the turquoise color, the 383-4 engine and a VIP no less. What a stunning find! You really scored. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words, I love it too and I sure wish it was mine. It is my stepdads for now, someday hopefully I will get it

Hi everybody,

I got an update on the VIP. Yesterday after putting in a battery, hooking up a temporary fuel line with a gas can, and a half hour we got the car running. We also gave it a bath to see what it looks like all cleaned up; granted the car has some dull and pitted chrome BUT it will clean up nicely......
VIP1.jpg

VIP 2.jpg

Hi everybody,

I got an update on the VIP. Yesterday after putting in a battery, hooking up a temporary fuel line with a gas can, and a half hour we got the car running. We also gave it a bath to see what it looks like all cleaned up; granted the car has some dull and pitted chrome BUT it will clean up nicely......
View attachment 521967
View attachment 521968
Hose!

Late to this thread but congratulations on a spectacular find. From the limited pics of the bottom rear it looks to be fairly solid. Your now right near the top of the "you suck" list on this board. :thumbsup:

Mold or Mildew, same thing but yes that's what's on the seats. Those will get cleaned off too eventually

I've heard that Hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner for fungus, but there are other mold cleaners out there too (besides bleach). You might consider removing the seat covers and treating the foam too depending on how deep the growth is. Once it's infested and the right conditions happen again, you could have 'shrooms popping up.

Maybe that means the car is now for sale? :p

Would renting one of those ozone generator type machines do the trick to kill any mold deep in the foam? I know when they re-do hotel room they used these devices to "nuke" anything growing in their before they re-paint / ect....

I had a '67 Sport Fury hard top, loved driving that car. You have the flow-thru option and A/C, very nice. 383?

The colors, especially the paint is gorgeous.

Last edited:
383?

The colors, especially the paint is gorgeous.

A 383 yes, the "G" code or 2bbl version. The paint on it now is kinda shiny BUT we wanna have someone particularly a god friend try to polish it and make it shinier and better than it is, but the front right fender has some 15+ year old what looks like leftover polish on it so we need to get that off but that is the least of our worries right now. I think the car will look very good when it's done though.

Hi all,

I'm back with an update on the VIP. After the car was washed we put the car in the long term storage garage, and took the trunk mat out and this is what I saw. My stepdad already knew about it. We already have a new trunk floor from a parts green '67 Sport Fury hardtop thanks to another good friend.....

VIP trunk 1.jpg

VIP trunk 2.jpg

VIP trunk 3.jpg

VIP trunk 4.jpg

The parts floor below, which I will get more and better pictures of when we actually go to use it.....

VIP trunk 5.jpg

Here is what looks to be a factory marking on the fender well.....

VIP marking.jpg

This is all for now, more to come hopefully soon.....

Finally saw this car for the first time in a long time the other day, and the pics after clean up don't do it justice. I love VIP's and I love turquoise, and 383 and A/C don't hurt either.

Back