GJS's 1967 Dodge Monaco 500: Beverly

Good looking shop, I would want more lights though. I like a lot of light.
They're coming. I'll be rouging in the feeds for the saw and planer and another 110 for dust collection and the jointer ... light'll be done at the same time.

Love the Shopsmith, my grandfather had one (brother now has it).

Alan
I love it too. I remember that thing sitting in my Dad's garage. It saw about five floods and hadn't been plugged in in 20 or so years when I restored it. It's a great machine for a number of applications. Table saw ain't one of em though.

Going into the caring hands of a local old school garage for a full suspension tomorrow. I figure that’ll keep us rolling till July when I’ll get the transmission, drive shaft and rear end tended to. As for my part, I’ve gotta get that cowl off and clean the drains... also gotta get the rear seat and package tray out and clean that up.. lotta mouse poo and nut shells in there. That and stopping existing rust should keep me pretty busy this summer with everything else.

Thanking the carpentry gods that I landed a good contract to get this ball rolling. Hell, I just don’t have the heart to sell her.
9A778B47-3599-429D-991F-528C3B07F5FB.jpeg

Going into the caring hands of a local old school garage for a full suspension tomorrow. I figure that’ll keep us rolling till July when I’ll get the transmission, drive shaft and rear end tended to. As for my part, I’ve gotta get that cowl off and clean the drains... also gotta get the rear seat and package tray out and clean that up.. lotta mouse poo and nut shells in there. That and stopping existing rust should keep me pretty busy this summer with everything else.

Thanking the carpentry gods that I landed a good contract to get this ball rolling. Hell, I just don’t have the heart to sell her.
View attachment 281110
Kick ***! Beverly's your gal, treat her right.

Outta my hands for a bit. Was fun getting it down there as the weather forecast called for rain and the wipers are tantamount to two credit cards scraping across the windshield at this point... guess they work at least!
DC76629B-559C-4295-8A26-42AA0A2BE960.jpeg

View attachment 281229

It made my day that you dont have to sell Bev, Gav. I think you would have regretted it.
I would have. I just have to remember why I joined up here in the first place; it was 13 years since I’d last seen my 68 and it was starting to sting. ... still stings but I’ve got a whole other thing happening with my 67 and I can’t cut that short for the sake of a few bucks.

Quick visit to the shop with a second set of upper ball joints (first set was having figment problems) revealed a gentleman in his mid 60’s, happily wrenching away on my 67 Monaco’s suspension. (I forgot to take pictures. I don’t like waving my stupid iPhone around in public).

He was impressed with the car and was “glad to be working on a Mopar again.” She should be on her feet again by the end of the week.

Remind me which shop is working on your car? Do they do paint and body work? A friend is looking for body shop to paint one of his MOPARS.

Quick visit to the shop with a second set of upper ball joints (first set was having figment problems) revealed a gentleman in his mid 60’s, happily wrenching away on my 67 Monaco’s suspension. (I forgot to take pictures. I don’t like waving my stupid iPhone around in public).

He was impressed with the car and was “glad to be working on a Mopar again.” She should be on her feet again by the end of the week.

I got a similar response when I had the Monaco front end rebuilt at a local shop.
The guys referred to it as the "Del Monaco".

Remind me which shop is working on your car? Do they do paint and body work? A friend is looking for body shop to paint one of his MOPARS.
It’s at Bundy in tolland. I believe it was suggested to @SportFury70 by @Yeahrightgreer.

I know very little about their bodywork save for a 63 Galaxie across the street from me that is mostly original but has been touched by them over time... if it’s any indication, they’re good... car is stunning.

I had suggested Hyde autobody in Stafford as Ive seen thier work from start to finish and after a decade of use, those guys are magicians.

Bundy is a funny story: my 68 went in there for a wiring harness after it caught fire in 2004. They didn’t do a bad job but the harness was ill fitting and the lower dash pad was cracked when I got it back... I was never sure if they did it or what but I kinda backed off them after that.

They had a change of ownership in 2013 and my across the street neighbor takes his Galaxie and Mustang there for everything so I have them another shot. So far, so good.

It’s at Bundy in tolland. I believe it was suggested to @SportFury70 by @Yeahrightgreer.

I know very little about their bodywork save for a 63 Galaxie across the street from me that is mostly original but has been touched by them over time... if it’s any indication, they’re good... car is stunning.

I had suggested Hyde autobody in Stafford as Ive seen thier work from start to finish and after a decade of use, those guys are magicians.

Bundy is a funny story: my 68 went in there for a wiring harness after it caught fire in 2004. They didn’t do a bad job but the harness was ill fitting and the lower dash pad was cracked when I got it back... I was never sure if they did it or what but I kinda backed off them after that.

They had a change of ownership in 2013 and my across the street neighbor takes his Galaxie and Mustang there for everything so I have them another shot. So far, so good.

In 2013 I believe that is when Jerry Bundy himself stepped down, and passed off ownership. He’s still around the shop and gives insight etc.

They have my ‘68 Firebird right now In storage for the last 2 years. I’ve been thinking of finally doing something with it, and they’ll be the ones I give first round picks. Be sure to let us know how they do on the suspension and things. When I get out the military, I want to bring my NYer and Fury there for regular work so it’d be good to know how they do.

In 2013 I believe that is when Jerry Bundy himself stepped down, and passed off ownership. He’s still around the shop and gives insight etc.

They have my ‘68 Firebird right now In storage for the last 2 years. I’ve been thinking of finally doing something with it, and they’ll be the ones I give first round picks. Be sure to let us know how they do on the suspension and things. When I get out the military, I want to bring my NYer and Fury there for regular work so it’d be good to know how they do.
Thanks for the vote of confidence for them. So far, the guys I’ve been working with have been frikkin awesome. I get real nervous passing my cars off to others but it’s always good to hear good feedback.

I’ll let y’all know the end result!

Bill,

If you find any leads on anybody in Connecticut that paints vintage cars let me know. That friend that was painting my classic cars here in Bridgeport for years finally retired to Florida (I guess he is entitled to retire he was in his early 80s). I had used a place in Westbrook one time but they have a wait list now and are very expensive.

She’s back on her feet. All four corners are brand new. Just waiting on an alignment and two new wheel cylinders at the back... figured she was laid up anyway, might as well get it done. Bounce test shows a much more capable and resilient suspension, as it should. Stoked to get her home!
0B49632B-6633-41A3-8B33-C6002027E997.jpeg
1192B82F-514B-4CA1-A1B7-A76E53E64B73.jpeg

She’s back on her feet. All four corners are brand new. Just waiting on an alignment and two new wheel cylinders at the back... figured she was laid up anyway, might as well get it done. Bounce test shows a much more capable and resilient suspension, as it should. Stoked to get her home!
View attachment 283877 View attachment 283878
LOOKS GOOD, WHAT KIND OF TIRES DID YOU GO WITH? I AM LOOKING INTO GETTING TIRES FOR MY 65.

Back