GJS's 1967 Dodge Monaco 500: Beverly

@Yeahrightgreer, there was a show today in Hamden. It's a huge all make and model show. The family and I went with the S/23. Unfortunately did not win anything. Otherwise nothing else that I know of right now. There is another huge show on main street in Middletown on June 12 from 4:30-8:30. Not sure if I'll be attending or not.

Last edited:
Jeez... polished up pretty good!
693CDC9F-DC35-41BA-AF76-8A9CAA8BF982.jpeg
DF78257B-133D-4410-B803-1948536AF8B4.jpeg

yea, I’ve officially been distracted from my yard work thinking on filling this yard up with C Bodies. I’d have to make a Ford exception for my across the street neighbor and his 63 Galaxie tho... frikkin thing is sweet as they come.
View attachment 289251 View attachment 289252

Is that your pool? If yes, I'm thinking C Body only Pool Party at your place!

I here you on the house and yard work. Trying to get mine ready to go up for sale. @SportFury70 has been helping.

Looks great Gav!!! :thumbsup:

As to the bumper...well, that's all part of what makes Bev, Bev. :D
It’s funny, I got a straight one that won’t polish out. I got her original which is crooked as a politician but shines up nice. Oh well, can’t see it from the drivers seat!

Is that your pool? If yes, I'm thinking C Body only Pool Party at your place!

I here you on the house and yard work. Trying to get mine ready to go up for sale. @SportFury70 has been helping.
That is the pool, indeed. Open and ready for business!

Yea, it’s a lot of yard here. The original owners of this place had to have put 200,000.00 into landscaping between the pool, the plants and the raised patios and whatever... We got a great deal on it but man, never frikkin ends!

Anyway, good luck with the sale of your place! I know I’ll eventually want to get the hell out of here too but having moved about 75 times since I was 18, I’m just gonna pretend that’s not gonna happen.

Cheers, bud! Thanks for getting me to pick up the brrs in style. Gotta put you away now cuz quite a few of those beers are gonna be gone on short order.
B69E7306-4A84-435C-88BF-719133387E90.jpeg

Been a bit since I posted in the dedicated Bev thread so here’s what’s up:

Landed a pretty decent bar build out job that changed my position with respects to Bev... in that time she’s become a dependable cruiser... the main issues are the trans leak and a crunchy rear axle bearing... trans and rear end work will be dealt with within the next few weeks. Other stuff is a potentially stuck thermostat... I’ve tested the gauge and that’s seems fine but it reads cool... symptoms point to running hotter tho so I’m sorta confused. Going to grab a thermal sensor soon and see where it’s at.

Without putting myself back in a tight position, I’m thinking an engine rebuild is in order. ... likely not before summer is out but over the winter. The blow by is just crazy. I figure I’ll pull it in September while it’s still sorta warm, knock it down and see what’s needed. I won’t go nuts with performance but depending on the condition of the cylinders, she’ll probably get warmed up a bit... have to do some digging and examination regarding that.

Also would like to pull the interior down to the point that I can recondition the window mechs, examine the floors, pull the cowl, fenders and clean all that out. Also do a deep clean on what’s left of the seats and door panels but that’s kinda sewing my winter up... just want to leave room for more cabinetry to pay for all this.

Anyway, fresh off 4 weeks of 80 hours per getting this bar built, I feel confident in what I can do for this car. Also very happy to have had her up and running for the summer. Been some really nice cruises thus far. So glad I kept her.

The blow by is just crazy. I figure I’ll pull it in September while it’s still sorta warm, knock it down and see what’s needed.
Any excuse to skip Carlisle :poke:

Seriously, if the power seems fair, I'd start with the PCV system and checking the oil for fuel odor or just outright changing it (and the filter of course). The PCV, if clogged or defeated, will cause lots of blowby symptoms. Compression and leak down testing are also recommended before opening an engine due to suspected problems.

If you really just want an excuse to open the engine and pour in some $$, have at it.:lol:

Any excuse to skip Carlisle :poke:

Seriously, if the power seems fair, I'd start with the PCV system and checking the oil for fuel odor or just outright changing it (and the filter of course). The PCV, if clogged or defeated, will cause lots of blowby symptoms. Compression and leak down testing are also recommended before opening an engine due to suspected problems.

If you really just want an excuse to open the engine and pour in some $$, have at it.:lol:
I know, I suck. Though it's not exactly a welcomed excuse. I'd prefer to feel comfortable taking a 5 hour ride ... in fact, aside from the crappy sounding rear end and the trans leak, I'm sure she'd make it just fine. Just not interested in spitting that axle bearing on the way.

I know, I suck. Though it's not exactly a welcomed excuse. I'd prefer to feel comfortable taking a 5 hour ride ... in fact, aside from the crappy sounding rear end and the trans leak, I'm sure she'd make it just fine. Just not interested in spitting that axle bearing on the way.
You're going to kick yourself for not coming, once you see the insanity... bring the DD or do what I did last year and rent a minivan to sleep in.

Welp, I've got till mid July .. kinda/sorta. Chances are that I won't get the work done by then as I've got a ridiculously huge family 4th celebration between now and then but I've accomplished some insane stuff in the past few weeks. May just keep the ball rolling just shift some energy to the car... or take the wife's Honda ... eek. .. seems sacrilegious.

Welp, I've got till mid July .. kinda/sorta. Chances are that I won't get the work done by then as I've got a ridiculously huge family 4th celebration between now and then but I've accomplished some insane stuff in the past few weeks. May just keep the ball rolling just shift some energy to the car... or take the wife's Honda ... eek. .. seems sacrilegious.
Hell no, I have a spare swap sticker you could even use to sneak it in after hours. :lol:

Let’s see the bar job.:wtf:
They're on my phone. I flinch to post them I'm a lil angry at the job and not sure I want my name attached to it ... we'll not the job so much as the client.

Bright side, I got to use the hell out of my shop and learn a bunch of stuff I have to fix in it's layout. Another bright side, I'm back on a cabinet saw after a 10 year hiatus after blasting 4mm off the tip of my index finger. Well set up saws are the bees knees.

I'll post some photos tonight.

Last edited:
Back