Glad to be on board Can't wait to talk c=bodies with y'all!!!!

76cm23

Reaction score
I have owned my 76 Newport Custom for 7 years this time around and for 10 years total. I bought it in 1999 from a small used car lot needing a ton of work. I spent the next 5 months getting it running, driving and looking good. I drove it as a daily driver for the next two years. I was approached one day and asked if it was for sale. I regrettably said yes to his offer and instantly felt remorse. I looked for a replacement for 6 years when I spotted an ad for a 1976 Newport Custom on eBay. I could not believe it was my old car. I bid immediately and wound up winning the auction. Since my reunion I have added the Magnum 500 wheels, did some engine detailing and added some good tunes. I will never sell it again and will always cherish it as long as I live4. 007.jpg009.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Thanks. I was looking for a needle in a haystack when I literally stumbled across it. Was not searching for a 76 Newport at the time but actually a 69-71 Newport or 300. Lucky it showed up when it did.

Gotta love the guys who dig these big ol' beasts! I have been a MOPAR nut for years and have a new RAM Express 5.7 truck to go along with the Newport. Looking at the 2015 Challenger R/T as a new addition to the family.

Let's see some more pictures of the interior and under the hood. Does it have a 400?

Yes a M code 400 2bbl that I have upgraded to an Edelbrock 750 cfm 4 bbl and Performer intake. I also added a MOPAR electronic distributor with orange control box, an ACCEL coil, dual exhaust with cat delete, and a Carter 7 psi fuel pump. I have plans for a 440 swap in the near future and would like to do a 4 speed install like commando1 did on his New Yorker.

Very nice. Welcome. I regret selling about everything. Sadly several of the cars I have owned over the years got totaled by the next owner.

Any black MOPAR is awesome!!! They are the best looking vehicles on the road then and now!!

I was going to put some Torq-Thrust's on it when the light bulb went off and thought the Magnums were the right choice.

Welcome on board.
You will find some Formal friends overhere as well as other landyacht-Dudes

Carsten

Back