Going Down?

Reflection.jpg

Reflection.jpg

I find it interesting how vocal some people can be about something they do not like. I’m just waiting for someone to go balls to the wall and do something real radical. Cars are an extension of our personality, they are nothing more than a car. I came from the A-Body world where personalization is highly encouraged, there is room for everybody in the pool.

Although I am a factory stock purest type I can respect the effort and enjoy looking at modified cars at show. What I enjoy most about them is when they step out of the box and do something unique, I’m not talking about some wackadoodle custom but in the details or some feature of the car.

Most people join a forum for support and encouragement not to badgered. Where this may not be something I would do I would still help with constructive criticisms. If I saw a flaw in the method or maybe a better way I might help in making hose ideas known.

On that note I do feel cranking down the torsion bars 3” will put the control arms just about on the bump stops and may introduce a bump steer. It is possible to build a dropped spindle and modified lower control arm that would not change the geometry of the front suspension.

It will be nice to see it when it is done and in full view.

Enjoy,

Alan

Ross, buy another "P" and have the rear quarter lettered "PIMPERIAL". ;)
Looks not bad, was sceptic about the look of wire wheels; still prefer mine original though.

Last edited:
I had some dude Bad Mouth the '81 Imperial Snow Flakez I shod the Batwagon with ah few yearz back on another site. I P.M.d him back and told him when he got hiz 12X60 paid for long about 2025 he could start savin' up for a set of 4. He never came back and I believe he'z no longer on that site. TOO BAD, SO SAD

I can add a third to that list:

3) I added the throttle body fuel injection & there are 2 new fuel lines running the entire length of the car.

What's on the 440 now? FAST EFI ? I've thought about it, but my TQs run so well, I can't justify $3000 outlay of cash. I'm very curious to hear unbiased critique of living with one of these (better mileage?, power? etc.)

I talked to this guy about his EFI....$4k in it already. Runs great and fuel mileage was about 15 mpg.

DSC02804.jpgDSC02805.jpgDSC02806.jpgDSC02807.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

I'm getting 16 hwy with the 4 dr Imperial, so I guess I'm ahead....

Ross, buy another "P" and have the rear quarter lettered "PIMPERIAL". ;)
Looks not bad, was sceptic about the look of wire wheels; still prefer mine original though.
I have extra letters from my parts car. Don't tempt me...

What's on the 440 now? FAST EFI ? I've thought about it, but my TQs run so well, I can't justify $3000 outlay of cash. I'm very curious to hear unbiased critique of living with one of these (better mileage?, power? etc.)

FAST EFI. Throttle response is unbelievable. I'll know more this spring since I have virtually zero miles on the EFI.

Trite is a dick comment. That's how you meant it though so why am I telling you?

If you lived in So Calif where traffic is terrible at best, these are all over the place. They can't go through intersections with even the slightest dips without virtually stopping traffic and they can't enter driveways without nearly causing rear enders as well for the same reason. And those with the undersized tires and wheels are frequently on the side of the freeways with flats, probably after nearly causing accidents. And most of the time their boom boxes are blazing. If you like the look though, that is fine with me. I am just jaundiced by the effects they cause in urban areas. I can see how persons think they look cool, but obviously not my first choice. Yours is obviously well done for sure.

FAST EFI. Throttle response is unbelievable. I'll know more this spring since I have virtually zero miles on the EFI.

Looking forward to spring and salt free roads. We are definitely getting together to share rides.

I was driving my NYB today....45 degrees and salt free roads.

Freedom of speech may give you the right to say something offensive but it doesn't mean that you should. Especially when it's so easy to avoid. Carsten handled it just fine with no help from you...

Thats BS.............. and the problem with the US.... America is always afraid to offend or hurt feelings anymore, man up and deal with it... the wussification of America is a huge problem. If Someone doesnt like your car, you are a big boy, you'll deal with it. If your gonna put it on the net expect a few negatives. Now, thats all said with tough love :bighug:

Back