Good bye old friend

goodneighbour

Reaction score
02FA73BD-73D4-458B-BB0E-DBF8E748CA73.jpeg
How in the name of hell can it be so hard to say goodbye to a piece of iron? 25 years,daughter married, lost son sitting in the passenger seat, and a girl with the biggest grin on the world after I told her she was doin like 80!

I sold my old '65 Monaco to Dan(rapidtrans)after 25 years of ownership last year. Was not sure if I had made the right decision but I knew it was going to a good home first of all, and secondly it opened a new door to acquire something different. I have to say that although I missed the old girl for a while, I am having a lot of fun with my Cordoba. Good cars become family.....tough to give up on them.

I sold my old '65 Monaco to Dan(rapidtrans)after 25 years of ownership last year. Was not sure if I had made the right decision but I knew it was going to a good home first of all, and secondly it opened a new door to acquire something different. I have to say that although I missed the old girl for a while, I am having a lot of fun with my Cordoba. Good cars become family.....tough to give up on them.
:thankyou:

Every one of us has had a car that we have sold, and then regretted it. Mine was a 1971 Duster that I built, and raced 38 years ago. Hope she went to a good home.

"No Regerts" and move forward looking for that next purchase!

Thanks for all the comments folks, it’s time to turn the page. She hasn’t left me stranded, always went when I turned the key, and for a while that’s where I went when to reflect when I lost my boy. Yes she is going to a great home, I know she will be in good hands. I have the new book in hand, maybe by spring I’ll be grabbing gears!

4B89F257-0C3B-4ADA-BA58-6474C4324E7C.jpeg

F5297646-9824-4DC0-A94C-C8CB235B6EB8.jpeg

What plans do you have in store?
For now just a clean up, make the interior cozy, get rid of that old rearend with the nut that has the drum stuck on it, stick up thru the floor, and as far as power? Likely be a test mule for for the boys breakins, but I do have something permanent in mind... possibly have access to a set of period correct crossrams! Complete from air cleaners to linkage, and build up a 413 to 426 wedge specs, already got the motor with the big valve heads

Thanks for all the comments folks, it’s time to turn the page. She hasn’t left me stranded, always went when I turned the key, and for a while that’s where I went when to reflect when I lost my boy. Yes she is going to a great home, I know she will be in good hands. I have the new book in hand, maybe by spring I’ll be grabbing gears!

View attachment 145157

View attachment 145158

More pictures please.. inquiring minds wanna know and see.. :poke:

For now just a clean up, make the interior cozy, get rid of that old rearend with the nut that has the drum stuck on it, stick up thru the floor, and as far as power? Likely be a test mule for for the boys breakins, but I do have something permanent in mind... possibly have access to a set of period correct crossrams! Complete from air cleaners to linkage, and build up a 413 to 426 wedge specs, already got the motor with the big valve heads
I got a set of crossrams, way cool.

Back