Got a new ride!

WHY that????

Too set in my ways ....... I love the lines of the 70/71 Polara/ Monaco.

If I were able to only have my pick of one more car in my life I would want a 57/58/59 Dodge/DeSoto Convertible. Even if I never drove it, it would be nice to look at every day.

Too set in my ways ....... I love the lines of the 70/71 Polara/ Monaco.

If I were able to only have my pick of one more car in my life I would want a 57/58/59 Dodge/DeSoto Convertible. Even if I never drove it, it would be nice to look at every day.

70 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron coup or 71 Chrysler 300 coup for me. Prob never happen though.

Nice Imps! Looks like the "paisley" car was bought just to be flipped: "available in Germany in April 2012". Loved the '69 LeBaron we had 25 yrs ago, nothing drives like an Imp!

Converts do have their place, surely like them and had a few: 58 NYer vert, 57 300c vert, 56 Olds 88 vert, 57 Olds 88 vert, 63 Galaxie 500 vert, 65 Olds 88 vert, 65 Newport vert, 70 fury III vert, many MG and TR verts. But as one gets older, the advantages of closed cars increasingly appeal: superior structural rigidity, quietness, water tightness, driveability and in most cases a more coherent design. If given only one choice, it'd be a 4 or 2 door Hardtop for me, especially in a Forward Look car.

Last edited:
I was stationed in Germany almost all of the 80's and early 90's and had a 1989 Z-28. The local Opel dealer (serviced and did warranty work on American GM's) wanted $100 for a set of front brake pads. I had my brother mail them to me from the states for a toal cost of $30.

THERE SHE IS!!!!
After 4 month, feels like 12, the Imperial comes to the new home in Germany.
She looks great.
Meineke Car Center in Houston has done a great work!!!!

Engine, Brakes, Transmission, Suspension, inside, all these things are in great conditions!!!! She rides like a new car!!!!
DSC05852Mittel.jpg

DSC05858Mittel.jpg

DSC05860Mittel.jpg

Looks awesome. You have a lot of long cars there......is she going to have to sit out in the weather? And how do you make that swing into the garage without taking out those bushes?

Nice, congrats! How does it drive? More pics!
BTW I see your reverse lights don't work either in your `68. I just ordered the switch from Mars auto parts in NY and it wasn't cheap!

You have very high bridges in Germany, I bet. That camper top wouldn't have survived the first 1/2 hr. here.

DSC05852Mittel.jpg

Nice, congrats! How does it drive? More pics!
BTW I see your reverse lights don't work either in your `68. I just ordered the switch from Mars auto parts in NY and it wasn't cheap!

The Imperial drives like a new car, unbelievable. All elektrical things works.
Ok, the clock doesent work, it's the only thing.

On Friday, I drive to the TÜV-Organization, they must check the car complete for driving legal on german streets. They check the brakes, suspension, lights, looks at oilleaks, tires and rust at the hole car.
All these things must be at note 2 (1=good.....6=bad)
And the Imperial has note 2 in all these Categories!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pink banana:

I will make some pics in the next few days!

The video from my ´68 is 4 years old, so the reverse lights are working now.

How will you decide which one to drive and when? You realize you're short one coupe and you'd basically have all the body styles covered?

Back