Got a new ride!

nitoh

Reaction score
I´ve bought a new old car, it´s a 71 Imperial 4 door, 43000mls, 2 Owner car, 440cui, 350hp here some pics:
2011-12-29_14-14-37_947.jpg

2011-12-29_14-14-58_848.jpg

2012-01-27_12-04-33_186.jpg

2012-01-27_12-02-55_318.jpg

I saw the photos on the DryDock, very nice car:wav:

"How does she run?"

Turn the key, start her up, how does she run?

"How does she run?"

Turn the key, start her up, how does she run?

I hope so!:icon_eyes:

And I dont know, because I life in Germany, but the owner tells me, there
is no problem with the car. She runs, stops etc.
I know it exactly, if the car is in Houtson in a Car Center.
Thats the way to buy car in USA from the other side of the ocean!
I did the same last year with my Town & Country.

Very nice Imperial, congratulations!! How long will it take for you to get it in Germany?

Very nice Imperial, congratulations!! How long will it take for you to get it in Germany?

Next Week the car goes with a Car Carrier to Houston, 5-10 Days later it goes in a Container and with a ship to Europe.
I think on the end of March the Imperial is here in Germany.

Wow, thats a long way to Christmas.......................:Santa3:

Good luck with it!!

Some News, the Imperial is in a car Center in Houston.
Work to do:
steering greabox, wheel cylinders, shoes, turn drums, pads, turn rotors, pack bearings, bleed brakes, valve cover gaskets, pinion seal, exhaust compl.,front shocks, rear shocks, radiator,coolant, oil change
upper control arm bushings, all new fuel lines, fuel filter, needs battery tray, PCV VALVE, horn realy, fan clutch.

Most work is done, here some pix:

Front brakes
Bremsenvor-nach.jpg

Rear shocks
Shocksvor-nach.jpg

Tank
Tankvor-nach.jpg

pinion seal
Achsevor-nach.jpg

Beautiful Imp. With the currency exchange rate, I bet buying the Imp was a real sweet deal for you.

Some News, the Imperial is in a car Center in Houston.
Work to do:
steering greabox, wheel cylinders, shoes, turn drums, pads, turn rotors, pack bearings, bleed brakes, valve cover gaskets, pinion seal, exhaust compl.,front shocks, rear shocks, radiator,coolant, oil change
upper control arm bushings, all new fuel lines, fuel filter, needs battery tray, PCV VALVE, horn realy, fan clutch.

Most work is done, here some pix:

Front brakes
Bremsenvor-nach.jpg

Rear shocks
Shocksvor-nach.jpg

Tank
Tankvor-nach.jpg

pinion seal
Achsevor-nach.jpg

Nice Imperial, but I think your missing out on all the fun not doing all that some of the work yourself!

Nice Imperial, but I think your missing out on all the fun not doing all that some of the work yourself!

I dont think so, because I dont have these possibilities to do all the things.
And second, Parts here in Germany are very expensive.
So for me it is good deal.

Understood. I guess those of us who are stateside are spoiled, we have unfettered access to parts/service. I see something like your Imp needing a little TLC and I'm ready to jump into it neck deep. Again, that's a REALLY nice Imperial you scored, good job! (the black one in my signature is a 70')

Thanks guys, stay tuned.

5 days after I´ve bought my 71er Imperial, I find another one on ImperialClub.com.
A 71 Imperial with Paisley Top, I never seen this before. Money was gone, so I cant buy the car. A tell a friend of mine about the Paisley Top Imperial, he bought it and here is the story at the webside from my friend, about the Top and the car:
http://www.estatewheels.com/Imperialmod.php

That was an insightful story, I am glad I took the time to read it. The best cars as a rule originate in the North west.

I love Imperials but I cant see me driving one.

Back