Got them moved to Fresno!

That trailer is a bit too short to get the car properly placed on the trailer and the GCWR probably far exceeds the Durangos rating . It would be fine for an A Body or modern compact but not C-Bodies….
Anyway glad you made it home safe .

That trailer is a bit too short to get the car properly placed on the trailer and the GCWR probably far exceeds the Durangos rating . It would be fine for an A Body or modern compact but not C-Bodies….
Anyway glad you made it home safe .
Durango's tow rating for the 5.7 is 7400 pounds. He's well within that. The6.4 can tow up to 8700.

Durango's tow rating for the 5.7 is 7400 pounds. He's well within that. The6.4 can tow up to 8700.
With an equalizing hitch , trailer brakes and proper tongue weight maybe … but you can see how it bottomed out the rear springs . I sold trucks for many years . Those tow ratings can be somewhat optimistic especially when it comes to shorter wheelbase rigs .

With an equalizing hitch , trailer brakes and proper tongue weight maybe … but you can see how it bottomed out the rear springs . I sold trucks for many years . Those tow ratings can be somewhat optimistic especially when it comes to shorter wheelbase rigs .
It's bottomed out with the lighter vehicles. The Newport has the rear of the Durango the highest.

He moved three vehicles with that trailer.
The one I said should not be on there is the one that was on there when he needed to stop suddenly and forced another vehicle out of their lane.

Inexperience with using improper equipment will always show up when you need the proper equipment.

Good for them. I spent $220 moving two cars to Fresno last weekend; how much would I have spent using them? And, as has been stated, I made it, all three trips, counting the one three weeks earlier with the Gremlin.

Let it go Buddy, I'm not going to agree with you.

I know there's one person that day who would have rather you hired a transporter.

Sounds like you've been quite the car-moving maestro! Swerving through sways and making it to Fresno, hats off! If you ever find yourself in need of moving tips for things other than cars, threemovers.com might have some insights. Here's to smooth rides and high MPG adventures!

Last edited:
Back