Got them moved to Fresno!

Good for them. I spent $220 moving two cars to Fresno last weekend; how much would I have spent using them? And, as has been stated, I made it, all three trips, counting the one three weeks earlier with the Gremlin.

Let it go Buddy, I'm not going to agree with you.

Nationwide Single Car Transport/Hauling Open or Enclosed

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that this transporter does not use a U-haul type trailer and a Dodge Durango (?) to transport vehicles.

LOL
I would hope a for hire transport company wouldn't use a U-Haul trailer. That's a terrible comparison to make with someone towing a car on a random basis.

Hard to be wrong if you don't care what a company allows for weight on their trailer.

Oh man those uhaul trailers are tough, I used one from virginia back to texas with a 53 packard on board, you definitely need a full size truck to pull with 80 plus and smooth

You guys are really hauling the mail.
Me, I'll just keep the right lane cleaned out for you.

You guys are really hauling the mail.
Me, I'll just keep the right lane cleaned out for you.
It wasn't my fault, the truck wanted to get back to the rental place bad! I'm usually just going 5 over the limit.

well we rented a u haul car trailer in mich and hauled my 65 bel rag to sfba in calif in nov of 2020

DSC02861.JPG

Ya got me, I used a chebby. 3/4 ton two wheel drive. Tows great. I am usually towing cuda's around the country though. This newport was my first C body and my first C body tow. Cautious as usual. But open western roads are great highway's.

For the record, Snotty, I think I was the one being called an inexperienced tow driver. I'll take that,
I'm a young buck and ready to butt heads!! Stupid as I may be perceived!! hahahaa.

20210403_161652.jpg

For the record, you don't have to go to the website to see the maximum speed limit, it is on the fender and in the rear view side mirror the entire time across the country.
I had a great laugh about the 55 MPH notice once with a state patrolman who pulled me over for speeding in Oklahoma. No ticket, just some friendly conversation and a slightly stern, Slow Down.

20210403_161700.jpg

I cruise along at 55/60 because I'm mindful of tire failures on the tow vehicle with the flat beds.
With the goose it's closer to 70.

I'd never use another U-haul trailer unless I had no other option, those surge brakes are just dangerous IMO! And coming down any type of serious grade through the mountains at a speed more than 25mph is a near death sentence since the surge brakes don't help at all and you have only the brakes of the tow vehicle to do all the braking...Not Safe!

One of the reason I invested in my own car trailer but even if I didn't I would search for a rental company that had trailers with electric brakes.

Good for them. I spent $220 moving two cars to Fresno last weekend; how much would I have spent using them? And, as has been stated, I made it, all three trips, counting the one three weeks earlier with the Gremlin.

Let it go Buddy, I'm not going to agree with you.

You ran a person out of their lane with your use of a improper trailer to tow what you had on it.

For the inexperienced here, being able to stop a trailer is important.

For the record, you don't have to go to the website to see the maximum speed limit, it is on the fender and in the rear view side mirror the entire time across the country.
I had a great laugh about the 55 MPH notice once with a state patrolman who pulled me over for speeding in Oklahoma. No ticket, just some friendly conversation and a slightly stern, Slow Down.

View attachment 599905
I drove 59 all the way. Same with the Gremlin and the Jetta.

I'd never use another U-haul trailer unless I had no other option, those surge brakes are just dangerous IMO! And coming down any type of serious grade through the mountains at a speed more than 25mph is a near death sentence since the surge brakes don't help at all and you have only the brakes of the tow vehicle to do all the braking...Not Safe!

One of the reason I invested in my own car trailer but even if I didn't I would search for a rental company that had trailers with electric brakes.
I would rather they have electric brakes and a load-leveling hitch, but I understand why they don't use them.

JMO when the trailer and vehicle being towed are heavier than tow vehicle it’s a bad idea….

Love that Gremlin!!!!!!

This is how I towed this Chrysler home to Arkansas today from Atlanta.
It followed the truck very well with the 8 ft tow bar. Where the truck goes the car goes.
55 max mph because no brakes. But the big brakes on the 1 ton do stop it amazingly well.
The 5TH Avenue was last month, from South Carolina.
Two grand for the 72. No rust, good engine trans and rear.

P1010015 (2).JPG

P1010014 (2).JPG

Back