Grandpa's Car

Touched up the bumper bruise and a few other chips ...two tries at color matched rattle cans still not perfect but from 20ft its ok with the kid.....
IMG_7721.JPG
IMG_7726.JPG
IMG_7727.JPG

Those wheels look a lot better when they are clean... I even have two extras for snow tires. Besides, I've never been a fan of the cop car wheel look.
John, you know I love your Panther and barring the crap the dealers slapped on, there really wasnt any bad looking ones but... those wheels would have been more appropriate on a Mercury Sable.. :poke:

Has the 3.2V6. I drove her back from the interior of BC through the Rockies and she performed beautifully. Did manage to pin the speedometer at 170kph downhill on a passing lane. I can gaurantee Grandpa never did that!

Truth be told as a tech who's received GM training and worked at two different shops that dealt heavily in GM cars,

These century's are pretty much the best GM sedan of thier era. The 3.1 is indestructible with regular maintenance, and as I saw mentioned if you keep the body oiled it too will last forever, they ride nice, are comfortable inside, good power, nicely sized and good fuel economy.

My grandmother has an 03 century base model (a true stripper model) that she bought off my great aunt when my great uncle died, after two owners and 1r years it has 56,000kms on it.

Its the cleanest century I've ever seen or worked on, you drain golden oil out of it and pour golden oil back in it. I was so mesmerized that I once pulled the left bank valve cover off out of curiosity, inside that engine is still like the day it left GM.

She loves it and has already told dad he can have it when she stops driving.

Nick.

Every once and a while she complains it runs rough, I go get it, clean the throttle body of all the carbon then take it for a run in the highway.....by the time I'm done it'll squeak the tires off a light.

Hi Graham, long time no talk. I accidentally erased my complete PM list and lost your number, and can't figure out how to PM? Geez I'm useless with computers. I was wondering if you are coming up for fathers day? Celebration church is having their annual fathers day car show, it's always a good one, I'm usually the only Chrysler. Hope to hear from you. Oh, nice GM by the way.

My youngest son calls me last night... He's doing a brake job for a friend and the aluminum wheel is stuck to the hub... Not unusual around here as the road salt will weld this junk together.

I asked what kind of car... 2000 Buick Century... LOL!!

Hi Graham, long time no talk. I accidentally erased my complete PM list and lost your number, and can't figure out how to PM? Geez I'm useless with computers. I was wondering if you are coming up for fathers day? Celebration church is having their annual fathers day car show, it's always a good one, I'm usually the only Chrysler. Hope to hear from you. Oh, nice GM by the way.

I sent you a PM and thanks. I delivered it to my Daughter down in Lethbridge today in a hellova rain storm. Car drove fantastic which is more than I can say for the tired old Neon lol....
IMG_7742.JPG

Had a '95 park avenue ultra for about 7 years. Beautiful car. Loved the supercharger, and the excellent (upgraded) leather seats. Build quality was only so-so. Transmission wasn't up to the power of the motor and started giving out, particularly first gear, after around 100,000 miles. And despite rustproofing and garaging, regular washing etc., it was saturating to get a little rusty in 2012 I hit a deer, shattering the passenger fender, and bending the front bumper, creased the hood. Took the insurance buy out for $1,200.00 and bought a Focus Titanium. Doesn't have that "plow through the snowdrifts" feel of the Buick, but at least I don't have to wait ten minutes for decent heat in the winter!

I like the Expo '67 plate on the front. I was there, was 9 at the time. It was awesome!

Nice car it will last her a long time.

Back