Graveyard Carz

More reality bullshit. Seen it a couple of times. Same old "drama queen" nonsense complete with the BS "deadlines".

I like the entertainment value of the show... And I get to show the kids old mopars..and drum up their interested without making them watch a "car show". "Chips" still has be laughing...

My wife watched it a few times with me. She found it absolutely stupid/amazing that people know the correct sheen of a 1970 coil or the difference in the 1968 and the 1969 tail light lens screw requiring a different P/N...
Or cared.

Pawn Stars family gets i think about $1 million dollars an episode as to the American Pickers guys, Duck Dynasty family gets $750 000 per episode so yeah, its big money for these people when you consider that in a year they will do at least fifteen episodes. Hmmm, i wonder if i hire some hokey morons to work in my workshop i could sell a program?

I really like wheeler dealers and I'm actually able to watch GYC now .. last season was Ok. Hope it continues to be more cars and less bullshit

I haven't seen this one but will check the availability of that channel up here. Most so called reality shows use the contrived situation formula i.e. artificial deadlines etc. Restoration Garage is on History Channel and is one of my favs. Less of the artificial BS. Here is some of the feedback on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Restoration-Garage/152257564975688

I tried watching this a few times and just cannot stand David Grainger, or the guy who runs the shop, or most of the clients. There is not a single likable person on it. Yes, it has a bit less of the fake drama, but still too much, and the narrator's voice grates on me too. Did I say I didn't like it? :)

I cannot stand any of these fake reality shows. Yet it seems that about 90% of the programming on cable TV is made up of this sort of crap. It is cheap to produce, obviously. I would suggest the $1 million dollars an episode stuff is total BS. No way.

I was in Vegas in 2010 and stopped by the pawn shop there. Interesting place. It's much smaller in person that it looks on TV. Of course, they have a large storage area for inventory not on the floor and awaiting payment, that you don't see. The "stars" weren't there that particular day (it was on a Sunday), but it was interesting to see, in any case.

Far as "Duck Dynasty" goes, the A&E Network owns the rights to the "Duck Dynasty" merchandising. The Robertsons own the "Duck Commander" and "Buck Commander" brands. When you buy "DD" items, you enrich the network. When you buy "DC" or "BC" merchandise, you enrich the Robertsons. I'd rather buy the DC/BC stuff over the considerably more cheesy "DD" items.

I like the British show "Wheeler Dealers". No drama and no hidden advertising.

The only show of that kind I used to watch from time to time. After Edd took over for resto it was quite realistic; of course their math about earnings as usual sucked.

I cannot stand any of these fake reality shows. Yet it seems that about 90% of the programming on cable TV is made up of this sort of crap. It is cheap to produce, obviously. I would suggest the $1 million dollars an episode stuff is total BS. No way.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]“Duck Dynasty” has generated $400 million in merchandise sales, according to Forbes magazine. The show has produced almost $80 million in advertising sales for A&E this year through September, according to Kantar Media, a more than fourfold increase from a year earlier."[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]If you don't think the Roberstsons aren't getting a slice of this pie then the family manager should be fired, the $750K I quoted also came from a financial magazine, think about it, 750K for the family is peanuts to A&E when they are making over $100 million per year out of the franchise. You can bet your bottom dollar that business people like the Pawn Stars family and American Pickers understand finances, The Duck Dynasty isnt as popular as these other two shows and will make more per episode than them.[/FONT]
If
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/24/4712541/about-500-million-at-stake-in.html#storylink=cpy

“Duck Dynasty” has generated $400 million in merchandise sales, according to Forbes magazine. The show has produced almost $80 million in advertising sales for A&E this year through September, according to Kantar Media, a more than fourfold increase from a year earlier."
If you don't think the Roberstsons aren't getting a slice of this pie then the family manager should be fired, the $750K I quoted also came from a financial magazine, think about it, 750K for the family is peanuts to A&E when they are making over $100 million per year out of the franchise. You can bet your bottom dollar that business people like the Pawn Stars family and American Pickers understand finances, The Duck Dynasty isnt as popular as these other two shows and will make more per episode than them.
If
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/24/4712541/about-500-million-at-stake-in.html#storylink=cpy

I'm not talking about the abomination that is DD. The fact that a few hundred thousand up to a couple of million people watch that crapfest every week scares the **** out of me. We like to talk about dumb people here - well, there you go.

Anyway, until it flames out, that is a unique situation. We were talking about the dozens of others of these shows. The top episodic TV series on network TV have stars that make between $50K and nearly $1 million an episode. That's crazy, but at least they are on successful shows that are watched by 10-20 million. I find it hard to believe that very many people watch Pawn Stars or Counting Cars or whatever - the numbers I've found would indicate a couple of hundred thousand at best. No way are the $$$ for those people very big.

I for one really enjoy GYC. Some seriously cool Mopars, and the banter between the crew is funny.

Yah...... if you don't like GYC...don't watch it. It probably would be funnier watching you work on your car.

Just watched graveyard cars for the first time.. Some very cool cars, but what a terrible show. 2 hours of that guy mark crying, and bitching like a spoiled little teenage girl on the rag.... Would love to see more of the cars and less of them.

That's what I thought, pass....
would it have been tolerable if you watched it after hitting mute???

I'm watching the most current show now (repeat I think but I missed it). Looks to be way more about the cars finally.

I'm giving it a chance right now and its not terrible....

I'll watch a B & E Mopar show any day.......and they have a C-Body in their yard.

Back