Hard time finding winshield!!!

Scotty

Reaction score
I am having a hell of time trying to find a windshield and seal, also a rear window seal. The car is a '68 Polara 2dr Fast top. I did find one on ebay for $395+ $140 for shipping.... That seams a little ridiculous! If any of you know of a source to acquire these items I would love to hear about it!

Thank you all

Well here's the good news. Your rear window is glued in on an fast top. It doesn't use a seal.
As far as the price for a new windshield it's about right........

I am having a hell of time trying to find a windshield and seal, also a rear window seal. The car is a '68 Polara 2dr Fast top. I did find one on ebay for $395+ $140 for shipping.... That seams a little ridiculous! If any of you know of a source to acquire these items I would love to hear about it!

Thank you all

Ok cool, thank you for clarifying that. I removed the rear glass myself and found it was glued in, I thought someone had just half assed it.
Ugh... that is a lot for a piece of glass...

Its a 2 year 1 body style only windshield. Don't let anybody tell you a hardtop, or conv. one will fit. It won't. Its taller.
You need ether 1967 Dodge Monaco Dodge Polara, 1967 Chrysler 300 Newport, New Yorker. or 1967 Plymouth fury. Has to be a fast top. Or 1968 Dodge Monaco, Dodge Polara. 1968 Chrysler 300, Newport, New Yorker. Or 1968 Plymouth Fury. Fast Top Only.

During my search I discovered the Fast top had a different windshield than the 4dr and convertible. I knew the Polara shared the same body as other models, but I wasn't sure of which ones. Thank you for the list, I will try searching those models also.

Ok cool, thank you for clarifying that. I removed the rear glass myself and found it was glued in, I thought someone had just half assed it.
Ugh... that is a lot for a piece of glass...

Oh hell that's nothing. When I was looking at Safelite, they said they could get one but it'd be in the $700 range. I lucked out last year when I found a good used one, with a good rear window included for $25.

Thank you all
Check out Pitmoco's post in Exterior Parts for Sale. He has a 68 Polara fastop. He's located in NW Ohio.

Just keep watching ebay. I almost thought it was to good to be true when I found a new one for my 68 300 for 125.00 free shipping. I will need one as there is a bunch of pitting in my current one but it is good until I restore the car. For the price I bought it and sure enough it arrived perfect. It lives in what is now called my windshield guest room in my house. Tons of seals on ebay, however pricy as I bought one of those too. My father paid over 800 for his 63 newport 4dr!

It is odd the convertable (my car) and the 4dr are the same but the 2dr coupe is different. The one I bought is not a OEM one but looks correct with the shadeband. Apparently it has been sitting since the mid 70 in a warehouse, but after I cleaned it up was so please it was abosoutly perfect.

Don 't forget to check moparts. That's where mine showed up. Two scores from there. The front and rear glass for $25 and a set of American racing wheels and 75% BFG's for $125. I call it deal city.

I didn't see one for my '68, but I will message them and see if they can get one.
Thanks!!

Just in case anyone reads this who may be looking for a '67-'68 Fast top windshield, this ebay seller with the awesome prices says they are no longer available...

Just an FYI Scotty. If your dad ever needs another windshield for his '63 FO-DO. That piece of glass iz the same from '61 thru' 64 Newport+New Yorker FO-DO's. Pilkington Glass Antique division on the south side of Columbus, Ohoho for 'bout half what he paid, Jer

Just an FYI Scotty. If your dad ever needs another windshield for his '63 FO-DO. That piece of glass iz the same from '61 thru' 64 Newport+New Yorker FO-DO's. Pilkington Glass Antique division on the south side of Columbus, Ohoho for 'bout half what he paid, Jer

You have the wrong person, my dad doesn't have a '63. Thank you for the Pilkington info though, I am gonna call them today.

Back