Has anyone done a rear window regulator?

Joseph James

Reaction score
I only found one thread on this. The person had the same problem I have and no one replied.

I have tried installing with window up as FSM says and with window down. I can’t get the front roller to stay in and the other side of it that goes in adjustment slide won’t go in. I am at a standstill.

I only found one thread on this. The person had the same problem I have and no one replied.

I have tried installing with window up as FSM says and with window down. I can’t get the front roller to stay in and the other side of it that goes in adjustment slide won’t go in. I am at a standstill.
I'll start with the regulator layout pic in case you forgot how it goes together. I'll follow that up with some more photos.
IMG_0741.JPG

1965 Dodge Monaco rear window regulators

If link doesn’t work do a search.
subject = window regulator
post by = rapidtrans
Went thru this a few years ago my self. Read through the thread for more reference help.
Just read that thread again. I should note, to install the regulator in the car first.
Then manipulate the glass in place as described.
Front rollers first.
Then raise or lower glass as needed to get the rollers into the holes on glass bracket slots.

Last edited:
I took some pictures as I assembled the rear quarter window after I replaced the whiskers, and rebuilt the rollers. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG

Install those two guide channels first.
Then slide the on rollers except that top front one by your thumb.
That is easier to bolt to window bracket out of the car.

Fun stuff. Tedious work but worth the efforts

Just watch for any sharp edges once the interior panel is removed.

Thanks folks! I was trying to install regulator without removing channel or glass. That must be my goof up.

Thanks folks! I was trying to install regulator without removing channel or glass. That must be my goof up.

I've done it but you have no choice but to loosen the channel tracks off to get enough movement in the glass to geet it out of the way and you take a risk in breaking the glass.

I was able to replace window without touching the channel tracks. Saved a lot of hassle aligning the window afterward. Removing the hard rubber end of the door seal gave me just enough wiggle room.

I've done it but you have no choice but to loosen the channel tracks off to get enough movement in the glass to geet it out of the way and you take a risk in breaking the glass.
Well I got the roller towards the rear of the car in but the front one kept popping out. After having it happen several times I have to figure I am doing it wrong. Thanks all for the advice. I will try again Saturday.

PS-I discovered those sharp metal edges. My arm ended up with a few slices.

As I recall.
Once the window is in place with both front guide rollers on the track channel, clamp the window to hold it maybe halfway up.
Then you have to crank the regulator up or down to line up the rear slider/rollers with their ound “entry holes” at end of slots in glass bracket.

As I recall.
Once the window is in place with both front guide rollers on the track channel, clamp the window to hold it maybe halfway up.
Then you have to crank the regulator up or down to line up the rear slider/rollers with their ound “entry holes” at end of slots in glass bracket.
I can get the rollers in the holes but the front one pops out instead of moving in the track. I tried some silicone spray on it.

Back