Have I been burned?

goodneighbour

Reaction score
Ordered some big block motor mounts from imperialservices/promerican in December. Still nuthin in the mailbox in Port Huron, anybody dealt with these guys? They are located in Frankenmuth Michigan, called today and voicemail is full! Got a bad feeling im out some cash!

I’ve read on some other sites of problems & that they closed up & where trying to sell assets. Did you pay with a credit card cause it may be insured

I used Schumacher for motor mounts to put a 440 on a slant 6 K-frame in a 68 Dart. Very good quality product. If they have it, I'd go with Schumacher, If not, ask their recommendation on a supplier

Ordered some big block motor mounts from imperialservices/promerican in December. Still nuthin in the mailbox in Port Huron, anybody dealt with these guys? They are located in Frankenmuth Michigan, called today and voicemail is full! Got a bad feeling im out some cash!

If you used PayPal , Visa or MasterCard, your purchases are usually protected. Call who ever you paid through and fill out a "non-performance" claim. The vendor has certain responsibilities that are mandated by the credit card service agreement, and I don't think it matters if they are insolvent. I had problems with a wrecking yard in Ohio and an A/C provider in Texas, both were resolved quickly once I filed a report.

Dave

If you used PayPal , Visa or MasterCard, your purchases are usually protected. Call who ever you paid through and fill out a "non-performance" claim. The vendor has certain responsibilities that are mandated by the credit card service agreement, and I don't think it matters if they are insolvent. I had problems with a wrecking yard in Ohio and an A/C provider in Texas, both were resolved quickly once I filed a report.

Dave
Thanks ill get on that tomorrow

Talked to the dude and he said mid feburary and where are we now?
You Actually talked to him ? I have been calling & E-mailing Steve Charette for about a year to get back some cable samples i sent him in Sep.2017. I offered to send him money to return them. I know he was working on a Chair/Creeper (Human Hoist) invention. But I basically gave up.I am glad i didn't send him a NOS cable ! In the past he had a lot of Fresh parts (mounts,cables)for Mopars.
I needed a Trans.mount for my '66 Imp. and got it thru Atlas in Cally.,They were selling some of Imperia lservices parts.Slight mark-up ,But at least they shipped the part in a timely matter.

You Actually talked to him ? I have been calling & E-mailing Steve Charette for about a year to get back some cable samples i sent him in Sep.2017. I offered to send him money to return them. I know he was working on a Chair/Creeper (Human Hoist) invention. But I basically gave up.I am glad i didn't send him a NOS cable ! In the past he had a lot of Fresh parts (mounts,cables)for Mopars.
I needed a Trans.mount for my '66 Imp. and got it thru Atlas in Cally.,They were selling some of Imperia lservices parts.Slight mark-up ,But at least they shipped the part in a timely matter.
Talked again today, parts done, will ship today....we will see,

I found this thread sad. Imperial Services used to be the Go-to place for unobtanium mounts and other stuff. Now what do you do...? :(

Do you have a phone Number for Steve Charette ? Pm me

Frankenmuth you say, I am about 45 min to the east. Do you need me to go and bust some knee caps???? LOL I do hope he come through with your part though.

I had to google Clinton to see where you are in Ontario after you mentioned the Port Huron mailbox. Good idea to get parts from the US, just jump across the border and pick them up.

Back