Headers. Why?

I have a 440 source 528 shortblock on the stand right now. I'm going Indy EZ1 heads, and I don't know what cam yet. I am currently looking for a dana 60, and have subframe connector stock in the garage. I'll take the 10 second challenge, Oh yea, I already have headers, going up from 1 7/8 primaries to 2 "/View attachment 48733

And you'll put headers on it?

I have a 440 source 528 shortblock on the stand right now. I'm going Indy EZ1 heads, and I don't know what cam yet. I am currently looking for a dana 60, and have subframe connector stock in the garage. I'll take the 10 second challenge, Oh yea, I already have headers, going up from 1 7/8 primaries to 2 "/View attachment 48733

That's similar to what I'm going to build for my Dart. What intake/carb(s) are you thinking of using?

That's similar to what I'm going to build for my Dart. What intake/carb(s) are you thinking of using?

INDY 440-2D RB is about the only one I have found other than the old MP intake (forget the number).
I had a 64 Dodge 440 max wedge with the cross ram, but It just not right for a 65 Fury. What have you found for a Max Wedge port intake?

Off topic, I seen this 65 Fury at the Dream Cruise this summer, really nice car, he has a cross ram, and headers.(back on topic).
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4947652358.html

I would love to see it too.

Never been to a track, but seat of the pants tells me it's not fast enough.

What ?not fast enough rather watch a 67 Monaco with a poly 318/2 bbl than a endless parade of 4door 4×4 hemi ram trucks running.

What ?not fast enough rather watch a 67 Monaco with a poly 318/2 bbl than a endless parade of 4door 4×4 hemi ram trucks running.

Yea I always want to flatten the tires of the guys who bring street stock bracket racers. The guys who have all that time wrenching and building shouldn't have to share with the guy driving mom's Taurus.

INDY 440-2D RB is about the only one I have found other than the old MP intake (forget the number).
I had a 64 Dodge 440 max wedge with the cross ram, but It just not right for a 65 Fury. What have you found for a Max Wedge port intake?

Off topic, I seen this 65 Fury at the Dream Cruise this summer, really nice car, he has a cross ram, and headers.(back on topic).
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4947652358.html

I have the Indy 440-25 intake.

I also have 2" headers for it.

Yea I always want to flatten the tires of the guys who bring street stock bracket racers. The guys who have all that time wrenching and building shouldn't have to share with the guy driving mom's Taurus.

That's a bit selfish

That's a big reason to stay away from local weekend races except to t.&t too many Hondas and chevys I only go to Mopar events and have been trying to race something only using my 300m as a last resort. Lucky for me I am in the middle of some premier Mopar events. Still rather see a formal run 18s than a turdas run 14s.

That's a big reason to stay away from local weekend races except to t.&t too many Hondas and chevys I only go to Mopar events and have been trying to race something only using my 300m as a last resort. Lucky for me I am in the middle of some premier Mopar events. Still rather see a formal run 18s than a turdas run 14s.

I have a 20 year old nephew who keeps teetering on the ricer fence. We go to car shows and there's a whole section for them. The big block 4 speed has his attention.

I have a soft spot for big Fords and Pontiacs,I would love to go to an all Mopar drag race.

Back in the early 80s, I would take my 68 Sport Fury 383 with cam/HEADERS/intake/carb, and my buddies 67 Polara 383 2 bbl stock to Lapeer dragway. My car would run mid 13s,but what I remember like it was yesterday was him ripping off a 15 second quarter one pass. It was like he broke 200 mph.

Back