headlight question

70Tom

Reaction score
What bulbs are you guys running? I bought new bulbs and they barely fit in the buckets. The trim rings holding them into the buckets really don't fit. And the crappy new screw/plastic insert kit (OEM original style) pretty much sucks and keep on pulling out of the brackets.

Based on my online search, these bulbs should be correct, but they fit like sh*t. Anyone else have this problem?

What bulbs are you guys running? I bought new bulbs and they barely fit in the buckets. The trim rings holding them into the buckets really don't fit. And the crappy new screw/plastic insert kit (OEM original style) pretty much sucks and keep on pulling out of the brackets.

Based on my online search, these bulbs should be correct, but they fit like sh*t. Anyone else have this problem?
I found a good price, bought a case of low beams of EB... they're Wagners and I expect them to fit as I need them. If you 're using newer bulbs, I wouldn't be too surprised they fit poorly. IMO, I like the original look and don't see much need for more light with my limited use... if upgrading to newer, higher current bulbs... a relay circuit is a "must have" to protect the original switches/wiring.

A 5-3/4 sealed beam lamp from anybody, anywhere should always fit. Always. This is strange.

Got the right bulbs in the right buckets? Bulbs "clocked" correctly so the notches align?

The plastic "insert" should fit better. The replacement adjusters I've used over the years have always been OK, but IIRC, there are a couple different styles.

Specifically, WHAT headlights did you get? As mentioned, the normal replacement lights have never failed to fit perfectly, even with a little "jiggle" movement in the buckets. Even the Cibie/SEVMarchal E-code 7" replacement headlights (in a non-Mopar) with a rubber boot over the changeable bulb, fit similarly. Please elaborate.

I, too, bought several sets of headlights for my Chryslers, but when Western Auto was liquidating in the '80s. They have a sharper upper-cutoff in the beam pattern, which was not really expected. They were one of name brands, back then.

CBODY67

Back