Heater control valve,,

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got my new to me 69 Fury III and as described by the former owner the heat is always on. It was an AC car and I looked where the heater control valve was supposed to be and it is not present. No wonder it was on all the time. I ordered a manual heater control valve no problem and should get it in a few days. Question is I studied the 69 factory manual and I am assuming from the vague pictures in the manual that when the valve is shut it does not make the coolant make a return trip to the water pump and just shuts flow down completely. Is that correct? The next question is which hose is the valve connected to? Is it the feed from the water pump to the heater core or the return? I would think it would be the feed. Last question the manual does not indicate the direction of the coolant from the water pump as in other drawings of other models with smaller engines than a 440. So is it hooked to the hose furthest to the front of the car or rear. And what ever that is ,,is that the feed? I would just like to know that too,,,lol.

Lol, too tired to think right now, but tomorrow I can take some pics of my setup to show you if someone else doesn't answer your question before.

Thanks Wolf for your interest. I appreciate it. Good night.

Well to find which hose is the feed I just started up the car and felt for which one warmed up first and marked it. I am going to put the valve on the hose pushing water into the heater core. On my Glhs Omni the vacuum heater valve would instead of shutting it down would loop it back to the water pump.

Back